Hosting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyleced_cancio56

Reaction score
Is there a way I could use my account to host forums? Let's say that my friend wants to have a free mybb forum but can't set it up on his own, is there a way I could host a free forum making / hosting using my account?

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes, you can host a forum on your own account. I don't recommend sharing complete access to your hosting account with your friend, though, if that's what your asking. Things have gone wrong with other users that have done that here before. You are responsible for the security of your own hosting account.

Last edited:

kyleced_cancio56

Reaction score
No, what I mean is that, if my friend(s) can't afford or install their forum, am I allowed to host their forum using my account but just let them access the forum not the main server? Just the forum, and when he needs something, he'll ask me to install a modification or theme to his forum. Just like free forum hosting

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
You are not allowed to give away hosting, this is a quote from the TOS
Personal account holders are not permitted to resell, store or give away web-hosting services of their website to other parties

They should sign up for their own free accounts.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
As long as he gets the files on the account, you could run the installer for him or walk him through it. I wouldn't recommend logging into his cpanel account for him mind you, but it's easy enough to walk someone through the installer or use Fantastico/Softalicious to install it.

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
It would make more sense for them to create their own account; it's free.
I am marking this thread as resolved.
If you need additional assistance, feel free to create another support thread or re-open this thread.
*****Thread Closed*****

Status
Not open for further replies.