Hotmail Vs Yahoo Vs Gmail

What email do you use??

• Total voters

shigekims12

Reaction score
I'm surprised at the number of non-gmail votes!

@bhupendra2895, I hadn't considered using one of these on a weaker computer or internet connection, so that may give some of the other providers a tiny edge. However, in terms of customizability, you can change your igoogle to do all you said about yahoo and more.

Last edited:

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
Yahoo and Hotmail, I WANT IMAP!

I don't know how anyone didn't vote for gmail

~Callum

shant93

Reaction score
There is always going to be people who do not want to change, even if the other service is better.

Personally, my main is a Gmail, but I have a Hotmail and a yahoo (that are of course auto-synced by Gmail) for the exclusive services they offer. For example, there was a Yahoo group that did not exist on Google groups, you need a yahoo email for Yahoo answers (or at least you did) and some windows services require you to sign in with a Hotmail. By far I prefer Gmail, but they all have their reasons.

(Btw, wikiAnswers is better than Yahoo answers, specially after asking a question about recent dictators, I get a lot of George Bush as a de facto dictator, and the US as a dictatorship; it isn`t even hate, they just take it for granted that it is a fact.:confused:)

aport

Reaction score
At the very beginning, I was on Hotmail and switched to Yahoo. But I switched from Yahoo when Gmail was just beginning to offer invite codes and I never looked back. Yahoo was always very slow for me and Hotmail/MSN always deactivated my accounts even though I logged in to them on regular basis.

I prefer Gmail for a lot of reasons, but I keep a Yahoo and Windows Live account around just in case. There are some instances where you have to have another type of account. My Yahoo account is mainly for Flickr and my Windows Live account is mainly just for the Groups. It's always good to have a couple of backup emails in case something happens to your primary. On Gmail you can sync most email accounts to your Gmail account (some e-mail services require you to "upgrade").

fdfone11097

Reaction score
i prefer to use gmail than ymail.. cuz ymail is a full of trash message..

you have to delete a bulk of nonsense emails every time you open your ymail

stitchrokcs

Reaction score
Gmail, more than enough space, easy access to other google features like reader and docs. Almost no ads.

mactrac11

Reaction score
gmail ftw. I use all gmail services lol I just like google tooo much to use anything else

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
I vote Gmail as they seem to have the best feature set. My favorite feature would be the threaded conversations, which no other provider seems to have.

exportonala

Reaction score
I go for gmail, it does not matter if you get first, what it does is to know hot to get it !!!