Hotmail Vs Yahoo Vs Gmail

What email do you use??

• Total voters

phoenixreviews

Reaction score
In my opinion there has never been any question - Gmail is by far the cleanest interface, is very powerful and doesn't append any offensive ads to my outgoing messages. :wink:

diethylamide

Prime Account
Reaction score
Like everyone else has said, Hotmail and Yahoo have nothing on Gmail.

My only minor complaint is that it sometimes takes hours for Hotmail messages to appear in Gmail (via POP3), but that's a tiny inconvenience compared to Gmail's other features.

k92529

Reaction score
Switched to gmail few years ago from hotmail and never looked back.

threedee

Reaction score
Gmail has always been more convenient to use, especially in terms of managing the emails you receive. What I wish they'd improve is the use of html codes in your signature, but then there's always Labs for the enhancements. Plus Google Apps Email makes Gmail services ahead of others.

ncc1701d

Reaction score
I dont understand why people like gmail so much? How many of those who use it, only use gmail and dont just use it as a forwarding tool?

I have tryed it twice I get confused and irritated almost instantly especially when dealing with sorting. \
Maybe you big gmail fans can tell me how to mentally adjust going from hotmail which I have used for 13 years or so to gmail?

nuwanpra

Reaction score
I'm using all 3. But I love Hotmail. It's coll and rox. I don't like yahoo because it's right side advertisements panel. Gmail is better. But less supportive for contacts management as my point of view.

Hotmail's Outlook connector is really great. I never experienced any considerable trouble with Hotmail.

shant93

Reaction score
First of all, I'm pretty sure most people use GMail as their main email and configure it to go pick up email from former addresses, or addresses required for certain services, (correct me if I'm wrong), and not as simply a dump for multiple accounts.

Also, I don't know about you, but I've always understood GMail intuitively, (that's probably why there are more than one clients out there). I don't understand what you mean by
I have tryed it twice I get confused and irritated almost instantly especially when dealing with sorting.

Sorting works by applying labels to emails. All emails sow up in your inbox with a label beside them (You can color it as you please), or label-free. You can view the contents of one label, even the messages you archived, by clicking on the folder on the left. You can create filters to auto-label certain emails.

If you did not know about the archive function, it's simply a way to de-clutter your inbox without deleting messages (because you have so much room). Archived mail is simply mail that you can see in any associated folder except the inbox, so it shows up in searches and labels. Finally, you get Google powered search, massive space (I'm not sure if it still has the most but it used to), and crowd-sourced spam filtering.

---------------------------------

Also, I don't really care about contacts, because it auto-remembers people you send email to, and if you email them often, adds them to your contacts. From there, you can make mailing lists if you wish.

Last edited:

ncc1701d

Reaction score
I think thats what bugs me or I dont get is this labeling. Say I get 200 emails from differnt people in a couple days. Are you saying I have to read all of them and put special labels on all of them just to sort them? Cant I just sort by who they are from as they come in rather than having to add a label first. Seems like extra work to do to alot of emails just to organize them.

computer_wizard

Reaction score
gmail is by far the best email ive ever used. Have accounts on all of them, and my gmail is the only one i still actually use

shant93

Reaction score
I think thats what bugs me or I dont get is this labeling. Say I get 200 emails from differnt people in a couple days. Are you saying I have to read all of them and put special labels on all of them just to sort them? Cant I just sort by who they are from as they come in rather than having to add a label first. Seems like extra work to do to alot of emails just to organize them.

If you still have a GMail account, try typing from:joe@example.com (that being the address of the person you want to find mails from) in the search bar beside the Google logo. That's what I meant by Google powered search.

Also, labels are applied from the inbox. You can apply from the email itself, but it's a lot longer.