How can I connect my domain?

s.leila

Reaction score
Helo! I made a website on x10hosting, but I have a domain at an another service provider. I want to use a subdomain with this new website (at x10hostin), but I do not know, how to connect them (my website and the subdomain). The company needs my IP adress, but I need set somthing on the cPanel too? I am soo clueless.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Helo! I made a website on x10hosting, but I have a domain at an another service provider. I want to use a subdomain with this new website (at x10hostin), but I do not know, how to connect them (my website and the subdomain). The company needs my IP adress, but I need set somthing on the cPanel too? I am soo clueless.
In DirectAdmin you would need to add the domain (subdomain) you want to connect to our service, either as a separate domain or as a domain pointer.

The first option you will find under "Account Management" -> "Domain Setup", this will give the domain its own public_html folder in the location of /domains/NEWDOMAINNAME/public_html

The second option will act as an alias of the current domain, this option you will find under "Account Management" -> "Domain Pointer".

The IP you need for an A record would be 198.91.81.xx (where xx represents the servernumber), if the address you see on DirectAdmin for instance is x11.x10hosting.com, then the server number is 11 and the full IP would in that case be: 198.91.81.11