Resolved How can I delete my website and account?

thefunof

Reaction score
I made my account a few years ago, and haven't been on it since I created it. Obviously the one-month timer isn't working, and I don't know why the account name is thefunof. Can someone tell me how to delete my account, because I would like to start afresh.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Keep in mind that signups are still being worked on. Once you have your account deleted, you may not be able to create a new one for some time.

I can see if an admin can change your forum name; I don't know if that's possible or not since it's linked, but it never hurts to ask.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
The account was created in 2019, I wouldn't really call that a few years ago. In any case, terminations has not been run (apart from a manual purge in March 2020) since we started the migrations to DirectAdmin in December of 2019. I am curious as to why your account wasn't purged in that manual one though as it met the criterias for being so.

Due to the fact we're kind of in between systems there's no real way to terminate the account (it would also only terminate the hosting account, the base account that you login to the SSO page would remain). I can manually remove the hosting account, not sure I can remove the referens to it inside your control panel (the sso login) however.

As @garrettroyce mentions there is also no way to create a new account at this time.

As for the forum account, it was automatically created based on the domain you chose when signing up. There is no option to change that currently available and I'd say it is probably not going to become an option either, short of creating a new separate forum account.

wooprapp

Reaction score
Can I try to help you guys solve the migration issues? I can design a whole new registration/login that y’all could plug in to the system? Also, makes me jealous... All my stuff got deleted.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
The migration issues and website design are pretty much done. I'm working on some backend stuff, but I'm making good progress.

wooprapp

Reaction score
The migration issues and website design are pretty much done. I'm working on some backend stuff, but I'm making good progress.
Good job!

So, if you’re in the front-end and back-end like development can you help us get a “public_html” quick link in the front-end? Possibly on the DirectAdmin?

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Will try. I've got bigger fish to fry, but that'll be a nice bonus feature once we have the main features.