How can i see flash on ipad?

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
You can't. Apple's iPods and iPads do not have Flash support. If you were to jailbreak your iPad, iPhone or iPod, there is an app you can get on Cydia which allows you to run Flash. Otherwise, I would suggest using HTML5 for your site instead of Flash. That is supported by the Apple iDevices, as well as any modern web browser.

Last edited:

Darkmere

Reaction score
My website created by wordpress with flash. I can't see on ipad.

You cant nor will you ever ... Apple refuses to support flash nor allow any 3rd party company make a flash app for any of their products. That is why I went with a Tablet PC from the 100 or so other companies running the Android Tablet OS

remy87x18

Reaction score
I do not know what's wrong with Apple and their hatred against flash. It's such a turn off when I visited some of the sites and my 2 ipods and it won't display. So Skyfire converts some, eh? I'll check them out. Thanks.

Darkmere

Reaction score
lol ... that is one reason I didnt get an Apple iPad. Some other reasons are, you dont get GPS less you buy the 3g modem version. This erked me because now you dont get all the nifty toys to run properly, plus I had to have a tablet that had full navigation without having to buy another phone plan. Another is iPads OS sucks monkey balls, it is a fragmented OS meaning it will not run the same software as what runs on you apple computer. The new Android systems coming in December will incorporate a system in which you can install the exact same software on your computer, laptop, phone, tablet and TV which is pretty sweet. Or if you have a Windows 7 Tablet you can install the same software from your PC or laptop to it ... no fragmentation

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
It's not a fragmented OS - I don't think you understand the terminology you are using.

Fragmented means that it was supposed to be able to work in conjunction with a PC (a Mackintosh in this case.) iOS for the iPad was never meant to do this. Thusly, we have a separation between Mac OS X and iOS. And, with the implementation in Mac OS Lion, we see a lot of crossover between the two platforms - making the two work more seamlessly. It doesn't make sense that I'd be able to run Angry Birds meant for my 320x460 iPhone screen on my 1920x1080 Desktop monitor. Nor does it make sense to run a program designed for scale-able resolutions (like, Office Word) on a fixed-resolution device. Programmers make programs for ease on the Apple framework - not for portability. The only complete crossover we'll see between Apple OSes is between iPod Touch, iPhone, and iPad.

CWeb Creative

Reaction score
It's not a fragmented OS - I don't think you understand the terminology you are using.

Fragmented means that it was supposed to be able to work in conjunction with a PC (a Mackintosh in this case.) iOS for the iPad was never meant to do this. Thusly, we have a separation between Mac OS X and iOS. And, with the implementation in Mac OS Lion, we see a lot of crossover between the two platforms - making the two work more seamlessly. It doesn't make sense that I'd be able to run Angry Birds meant for my 320x460 iPhone screen on my 1920x1080 Desktop monitor. Nor does it make sense to run a program designed for scale-able resolutions (like, Office Word) on a fixed-resolution device. Programmers make programs for ease on the Apple framework - not for portability. The only complete crossover we'll see between Apple OSes is between iPod Touch, iPhone, and iPad.

While that's a good example a better one would be the different experience you get from using one of the many different Android phones from one manufacturer as opposed to another due to the screen size, custom UI or other differences that make it harder for a consistent user experience to be maintained. This is one of the problems that Google is currently facing and that they are working on a fix for.

Last edited:

Darkmere

Reaction score
While that's a good example a better one would be the different experience you get from using one of the many different Android phones from one manufacturer as opposed to another due to the screen size, custom UI or other differences that make it harder for a consistent user experience to be maintained. This is one of the problems that Google is currently facing and that they are working on a fix for.

Yeah they already have a fix for it ... December of this year is when they will release it

Nitto1320i

Reaction score
well, jailbroken ios with frash can view flash on any ios devices. :) if you're looking for native playback on IOS, then convert your video to something that IOS supports (e.g HTML 5 Videos).