How can you make money with a site...?

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Okay, I am now wondering how I can possible make money with a site.

NO, PTC/PTS/PTCS or adsense or any of that stuff.
I was wondering if anyone knew how to make money with their site, without having to advertise anything or put a link or anything like that.

Please discuss ways of making money with your site..
discuss how you can make money with a site idea, and all that stuff.

I am trying to concentrate on making money with a site only, what it offers or sells or something like that.

Thankyou.

Any help given would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
really, if you exclude ads and affiliate links and stuff like that, you'd have to start selling soming.
It could be a hard good. Or a soft good. Or a service of somesort. Or, what most people will dislike the most, (drives traffic away from your site really well) require a membership fee for someone to use your site. Those are all fine in their own ways, but ads, make you money with out having to do any work.;)

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
really, if you exclude ads and affiliate links and stuff like that, you'd have to start selling soming.
It could be a hard good. Or a soft good. Or a service of somesort. Or, what most people will dislike the most, (drives traffic away from your site really well) require a membership fee for someone to use your site. Those are all fine in their own ways, but ads, make you money with out having to do any work.;)

I should point out the membership idea isn't bad, but to keep users flocking to the site, one might consider a members-only area but still giving out things for free, just so there's a reason to keep coming back.

Plus if it's a service/product you're selling, the free stuff can be taken as an example of the quality (granted, the paid stuff should be better), and people might be more willing to jump to paid once they know what they're looking at for results.

Harder to do a free-area if it's a service than a product though, but it's an idea to expand on the membership idea :)

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
So far, I have that selling a product...

or providing a service
or providing some free content, then having paid membership content would help make money.

Anyone else want to help with what was said in my first post?
Going into details on what service or product's to sell would also be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou to all of you that have helped so far. I have sent some REP to you all for helping.

neteater

Reaction score
well the easiest appraoch i think is make a good website and sell it after a period of six month i ttried this there are many groups who will buy your site or a littlw amount i dont know wheatger you guys like this or not but its a better option

Parsa44

Reaction score
Since my website doesnt actually sell anything, i use adsense for all my money.

dbojan

Reaction score
Make programs or scripts, templates, plugins and sell it.

Parsa44

Reaction score
I suggest you use google adsense, although it only pays out once evrey $100 its a trust worthy well used website, altogether i have made $22 and thats because i havn't placed my adverts in most veiwed locations because i dont wanna annoy my viewers.

divinityfound

Reaction score
Getting someone to sponsor your site is normally a good idea...

But they may want to do some advertising...

hamsn

Reaction score
Online Business,
Sell your own work, by this you are both promoting and earning.
Have your own advertising system.

InfiniTeam

Reaction score
So far, I have that selling a product...

or providing a service
or providing some free content, then having paid membership content would help make money.

Anyone else want to help with what was said in my first post?
Going into details on what service or product's to sell would also be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou to all of you that have helped so far. I have sent some REP to you all for helping.

Have you found what you've been looking for?

jorge777

Reaction score
I design and develop components for joolma and templates. Seeing very well on my site.

Last edited:

mattblog

Reaction score
Last edited:

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
Omfg... do people even notice topic times? post times?
You all seriously should receive a warning or something...
Mod...please close thread...

mattblog

Reaction score
sorry i had only looked at the one above when i had posted this, which was when i was new to the forums. So sorry about this lol