How do I get the server pointed at my page?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucia1

Reaction score
After transferring my domian name to X10hosting, I have not been able to use my website. I submitted a ticket, but it does not appear in my support request queue. So, I have submit a new ticket. I did a reverse lookup on my domain name, montereybayimages. I found that the domain is sitting at address: 69.162.70.130, which is an X10hosting server. See the attachment that provided me this information.

So one thing that may be preventing me from using a browser to access the site or reaching it via FTP is that the server is not pointing at my sites content. Could you check this on your servers? This happened after I moved my domain to X10hosting. I do not know how to check this on your server or if it is possible for me to check it. The address is 69.162.70.130.

I ran IP 69.162.70.130/ in my browser. The attachment came back with a common Apache information page. At the top of the page it says to contact the site administrator, if you do not see the site you expected. "
If you can see this page, then the people who manage this server have installed cPanel and WebHost Manager (WHM) which use the Apache Web server software and the Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl) successfully. They now have to add content to this directory and replace this placeholder page, or else point the server at their real content.
ATTENTION!

If you are seeing this page instead of the site you expected, please contact the administrator of the site involved. (Try sending an email to <webmaster@domain>.) Although this site is running cPanel, WebHost Manager, and Apache software it almost certainly has no other connection to cPanel Inc. or the Apache Group"

I have deleted my files from the site using the File manager because I thought there may be a problem with the site's directory structure. I need to FTP my files back to the site and I cannot because I cannot link to the site. I think this is a server probelm, because I am using the same FTP information as before, nothing has changed, except the moving of my domain name.

Thanks

Attachments

• montereybayimages reverse lookup.JPG
    montereybayimages reverse lookup.JPG
    111 KB · Views: 20
  • Point the server request.JPG
    Point the server request.JPG
    185.5 KB · Views: 19

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
what is the domain you are having trouble with?

Is it added as parked or add-on domain in cPanel?

Status
Not open for further replies.