how do I publish my website?

Status
Not open for further replies.

surreal5335

Reaction score
I have uploaded all the files I need for the web site, changed the home page to "index.html" and deleted the old index.html file. My home page loads fine but I cant figure out how to link one page to another properly in the code. Do the other files need to be named a certain file type? I have tired both naming them as .txt and .html both give me apache server message
Thank you very much for your help

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
well...they will all have to be either .php or .html. As for linking, I would consider studying at w3schools. Http://www.w3schools.com/HTML/

Basicly, to link you put this code into your source:

Code:
<a href="yourfile.html">NAME FOR LINK</a>

using 'href="somefilename.html"' links to a file in your current directory, say public_html/somefilename.html . You can also link to a different directory by using

Code:
<a href="directory/somefile.html">LINK NAME</a>

That links to a file inside a directory inside your current folder, say, public_html/somedirectory/somefilename.html

Hope I helped :D

--Leafy

surreal5335

Reaction score
well as far the html coding goes I understand how to create links. After doing the proper linking i get apache server message instead of my next web page. So my question is how do I determine what is the links full name. one person told me that it was simply just a "mydomain.x10hosting.com/page2". "page2" which would be the name of the file I want the browser to read when the link is clicked. That didnt work.
So thats where I am at right now. Any suggestions?
Edit:
Nevermind I figured it out:biggrin:
Thanks for the help

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.