How fast is your processor?

Hauzer

Reaction score
My processor speed is 2.8GHz, however, that doesn't really matter unless you know the processor right? It's a single-core Penium 4 - Hyper-threading compatible. Making everyone else's processor better than mine. ;(

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
actually, running tinyxp rev 9 on a p4 2.4ghz it starts in 31 seconds and shuts off in 13. this is actally faster than my ubuntu (9.04) based laptop (see below).

Less than 10 second bootup (if I boot up without GUI it's more like 3) and 2 second shut down.

hey, why doesn't everyone run the linux hardware information benchmarks (included in partedmagic and puppylinux) and post the results. i will be the first. when i get home i will run the benchmarks and post them.

I win.

CPU ZLip - 0.000
CPU Fibonacci - 8.627
CPU MD5 - 48.638
CPU SHA1 - 27.292
CPU Blowfish - 21.613
FPU Raytracing - 62.146

That was from ages ago and I have upgraded since then, how do I do a new one?

~Callum

ah-blabla

Reaction score
My processor speed is 2.8GHz, however, that doesn't really matter unless you know the processor right? It's a single-core Penium 4 - Hyper-threading compatible. Making everyone else's processor better than mine. ;(
Oh yes, a 1Ghz Pentium M is much better.. :nuts: (Actually, from the energy use point of view it's more efficient, etc, but that's only if you look too closely.)

Last edited:

hlastimosa

Reaction score
I bought my processor 3 years ago , a year after , I got to assemble everything , right now the factory settings for the proc is @2.2Ghz , E4500 , I have pushed it to 3.0Ghz, running quite stable on Windows 7 :)

greatm

Reaction score
Phenom II X4 Quad core ~ 3.00 GHz normal
-I haven't had a need to overclock it yet, but it is supposedly able to overclock stabily(spelling?) above 3.7 GHz on each core from what I have read up on it.

xPlozion

Reaction score
q6600 oc'd to 3.2ghz. stock is 2.4ghz... my friends were able to push it to 3.6 on air cooling, and one 4ghz+ on water/artic air cooling