How many times! co.cc!

Does this annoy you too?

• I have never heard of co.cc domains.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Fearghal

Reaction score
Ok, Am I the only one being annoyed at the amount of people posting the same thing over and over and over again?

How many times have you heard get a free co.cc domain!?

Its really beginning to bug me now, I think people are just resorting to desperate measures to get their post count up.

They most likely heard about it here and then thought, well why not post it again for the fun of it! :mad:

On my forums, I would call that SPAM! (Just because it annoys me)

I would like some other opinions on this, who agrees/disagrees?

Thanks
-Fearghal

naerey

Reaction score
I'm not browsing the forums too much, but even when I have, I've only seen a few (1...?) threads about co.cc domains, and maybe 2-4 posts in other threads suggesting to get a .co.cc domain, in reply to people having trouble getting other domains...

So... 2-4 posts is not really to be considered SPAM, I think.

Fearghal

Reaction score
I'm not browsing the forums too much, but even when I have, I've only seen a few (1...?) threads about co.cc domains, and maybe 2-4 posts in other threads suggesting to get a .co.cc domain, in reply to people having trouble getting other domains...

So... 2-4 posts is not really to be considered SPAM, I think.

I have seen alot more then then a few threads on this issue.

I done a search, there are alot more but these came up all by searching "Free Domain"

There are more too, fell free to link them if you want :)

I think we should make a petition to stop posting it or get banned! :p

Last edited:

Archkronos

Reaction score
.co.cc is something I don't like.

Mainly because it is instantly associated with being a free domain. I don't mind subdomains or domains, but I don't like blatently free domains.

byite

Reaction score
I prefer having a real domain - then you're the legal owner, whats going to happen to all the co.cc domains if co.cc goes bankrupt or if something.

ironstar

Reaction score
Yeah Co.cc is bit annoying domain.
People instantly associate fre domain with bad/cheap content

LuciFerAngel

Reaction score
well I`m new here , but i just heard abot co.cc two days ago and signedup there but i`m not sure yet if it is good or no , but yep its my first day here and i saw many many posts co.cc , and the problem there are no sticky post about how to setup co.cc account with x10hosting account in details .

Fearghal

Reaction score
well I`m new here , but i just heard abot co.cc two days ago and signedup there but i`m not sure yet if it is good or no , but yep its my first day here and i saw many many posts co.cc , and the problem there are no sticky post about how to setup co.cc account with x10hosting account in details .

A sticky! Are you crazy!? :lol:

Btw - Welcome to x10 forumz. We will do great things together ;)

Last edited:

KSclans

Reaction score
well for people who don't like co.cc any other suggestion that have a FREE domain without ads

co.nr didn't force you to put ads but it force you to put a image with their link back (which is ads for them)

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Well, it gets annoying because 1. I heard it like 20 times already 2. I don't really like .co.cc anyway.

If someone could find a place offering free real domains, it would be nice lol.

Btw, co.cc is not a domain, it's a sub-domain. To prove that, run a whois record on any .co.cc domain on http://who.is for example, watch it return the info of the main domain co.cc.

Then, co.cc is a page, co.uk for an example, isn't. So don't say it works the same way as co.uk or co.etc

Fearghal

Reaction score
Well, it gets annoying because 1. I heard it like 20 times already 2. I don't really like .co.cc anyway.

If someone could find a place offering free real domains, it would be nice lol.

Btw, co.cc is not a domain, it's a sub-domain. To prove that, run a whois record on any .co.cc domain on http://who.is for example, watch it return the info of the main domain co.cc.

Then, co.cc is a page, co.uk for an example, isn't. So don't say it works the same way as co.uk or co.etc

Omg - I didnt even realise co.cc were subdoms! Im an idiot!

Well spotted :)

themcman1

Reaction score
Omg - I didnt even realise co.cc were subdoms! Im an idiot!

Well spotted :)

I thought it might have been - its similar to biz.ly

I am fed up of seeing ads and the like for it now - although it was interesting when I first saw it, it has worn off now - I associate co.cc with cheapness now.

Last edited: