How much RAM do you have?

How much RAM do you have?

• Total voters

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
How much RAM do you have? I have 512mb. I need more because if I running Windows Live Messenger, Remote Assistance and Visual Basic at thesame time, my computer crashes really badly.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
2GB on the gaming comp, 128MB on the laptop (used to be 192 before one of the RAM slots went bad), slowest comp 192MB, and the basement comp, 256MB.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
2 GB on two computers, 1 GB on one computer, 1 GB on one laptop. I'm planning on upping one of the computers (mine) to 4 GB; its annoying how compact things are getting, I need to remove the graphics card, hard drive and floppy drive cage just to get to my RAM!

Dan

Reaction score
2GB in my laptop :)

I need to remove the graphics card, hard drive and floppy drive cage just to get to my RAM!
Must be annoying!!!

Dazz

Reaction score
I have a measly 256Mb (255Mb usable?) and I NEED more LOL. With just Firefox running I use 90% of my available Ram but 0.5% of my CPU, mind you I have quite a memory intensive setup -
Windows Sidebar, Leopard Launch Bar, Avast, Roboform and Styler all running in the background plus Sygate Personal Firewall so there is very little left for actual programs to run.
My wife has 512Mb in hers and doesn't run anything that really needs it so I'm thinking of sneakily swapping them over LOL. Well not really, I like being a man (so to speak) so I just really really need to find some cheap strips somewhere.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
4 gb ddr2 ram and 512 mb ddr3 ram on the graphic card. Windows can just get 3.2 gb :(

-fedexer-

Reaction score
I am currently sitting with a measely 1GB RAM, by this friday coming though i shall have 4GB RAM, 4x 1GB Crucial RAM :cool:

Daniel S

Reaction score
i have two 1 gb sticks in my 4 slot pc both ddr2 i recently upgraded from 1gb to 2gb as i use windows vista on my computer

Eric@TLG

Reaction score
meh just 2 GB id rather have more but no money, but i cant complain it works good.

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
Hooray! I just ordered 2 gb of RAM off ebay! It should be here by friday!

Evocation

Reaction score
I have 3gb 400mhz :( i'm planning on getting a new computer with 2gb at 1333hz ^^ then will probably upgrade it to 4 later mostly i just want a fast computer over one that can handel alot

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
2 gig (2 x 1gig chips) in my laptop running Windows vista. Still get a low memory error in Dreamweaver.

1 gig (2 x 512mb chips) in my desktop running XP and no problems with Dreamweaver.

Mindbleed

Reaction score
I am using 2GB right now, but I have 512MB sitting around that I should put back in when I get around to it. I love having enough memory to have a bunch of stuff running. I only use about 1200 MB at max, and that happens rarely. Then again, I am running XP so that has something to do with it. Currently using 935MB.

to the starter of this post.

You should definitely get more memory, you will notice an INSTANT difference. I had 512 and bought another 2GB and when I powered on my computer I noticed that just Idle, i was using like 712 MB. No wonder why I was running so slow before hand.