How much RAM do you have?

How much RAM do you have?

• Total voters

coolnos

Reaction score
well, i have 3gb on the laptop (Core 2 duo 4mb cache)
and 768mb on my Pentium 2 Computer (450mhz ) with 256mb ddr2 vga memory
and 1gb ddr2 on my server Pentium 3 computer... :)

tittat

Reaction score
oh i think iam the one with least ram.mine is only 256mb.Not enough to run vista smoothly.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
You're running Vista off of 256MB? What version do you have? If you are running one of the most basic versions, then I see where you are, but if you are running Home Premium or Ultimate, then it's incredible that it installed with that much RAM in there, considering that the minimum requirements for Vista Home Premium and above is 512MB, and 1GB for Aero to work.

nunoabc

Reaction score
1,5GB DDR 400MHz.

Don't put more than 2GB on a 32-bit OS. I have seen cases were a person has 4GB on 32-bit OS and only gets 2,5GB...

de.monkeyz

Reaction score
2.5gb in mine =D. It's bit of an odd number really but when I bought 2 gb for extra ram I figured I would keep the original 512mb. I wish I had a bigger processor though, plus I have about 128mb of memory for my video card, so in all pretty good.

John0108

Reaction score
I have 2 GB and for me it's enough atm. But i plan to add more in the future.

FalseHope

Reaction score
*Moving to the computer section*
More ram is always a good thing, but another HDD is always good too ;)

Hauzer

Reaction score
Im seriously out of the new technology.

I have 256MB RAM. That's pretty bad, im so out of technology it's not even on your list so I have to click "Other". xD

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Im seriously out of the new technology.

I have 256MB RAM. That's pretty bad, im so out of technology it's not even on your list so I have to click "Other". xD

Time to upgrade! :biggrin:

koyut

Reaction score
I have 1 gb ram. I am not using ram heavy software (only firefox). So far so good not encountered any problems. Although I did have to replace it 3 times when I bought it. The ram that was included was defective I returned it to the shop. Just a little tip, test your ram with memtest86+ and it must be with 0 errors and replace it if there is any.

FalseHope

Reaction score
FireFox loves to use ram, fyi. ;) It has gone up to over 300K on my memory usage.

Zangetsu

Reaction score
i currently have 1GB of ram installed but only 766 is in use becoase of my shared video card ram

cenobite321

Reaction score
2 Gb on my Dell m1210 laptop.

Today I think 512 Mb is just not enough RAM for a demanding OS like Windows XP or Vista, I believe the standard is right now 1 Gb.

stunna

Reaction score
I have 512MB but I can work with it.
Edit:
2GB in my laptop though.

Last edited: