How old your current computer?

Reaction score
Got my emachines E4500 computer at Christmas 2007.

Suppose a lot of it is out of date now, but I've not got a great knowledge of computer hardware to upgrade.

ukbumpkeys

Reaction score
My current pc is a Celeron 333 overclocked to 400 or so. Its got 512mb ram 40gb hdd has windows xp, and is about 10 years old. Its wicked never crashes, dont like java games too much but works a treat running office 2000 and firefox.

vegitakicker

Reaction score
HP Pavilion t3510.no - 3 years old (desktop)
Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Xa3530 - 2 weeks old (laptop)

:)

kieran5676

Reaction score
I have a HP DC7100 SFF business PC, it's from about 2005. I got it from a bank that were having a clear out. All the way back in 2005 it was worth £700, now they go on ebay for about £20 :p It's a 3ghz with 1gb of ram still runs pretty fast, Vista compatible too (not that I'll ever touch Vista..)

tridge

Reaction score
My laptop is about 3 years old, maybe 4...and my desktop is only about 10 months old. Both gaming machines (Alienware)

FalseHope

Reaction score
My current computer is around 4-6 years old. It's soon time for a new one hehe, I formatted it for the first time a few months ago.

Scott B

Reaction score
2 1/2 year old eMachines T3504
9 year old Power Mac G4

The sad thing is that the Mac is just as fast as the eMachines PC
haha
:)

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
Apple Titanium PowerBook G4 from Oct 2001. So 7.5 years and still running good. A little slow at times but I still love using it. Looking to buy either an iMac or a MacBook later this year.
It's only got a 550Mhz processor, but it is still faster than the 1.5Ghz PCs I use regularly. Mine has had some memory and HD upgrades though.

Max1337

Reaction score
The one I'm using now is custom built... and is only 3 months old. :)

xPlozion

Reaction score
depends on what parts you consider to be it's age.

My comp is custom built.

Got the case jan 08, used an amd mobile 3400+ proc (which came out of a dead laptop), 8400gs, so it was pretty low-end.

around april-june, i upgraded the core parts of the comp. Upgraded to a Q6600 proc, eVGA 680i mobo and 4GB OCz DDR2 Ram. Didn't worry much about the gpu because i played low-end games (wolf:et, tce).

Christmas time comes around, upgrade psu, vid card (9800gt), and new kbd/mouse.

Just last week, upgrade my 19" monitor for a 24" asus, and bought a plantronics gamecom 777 on wednesday.

mahsbang

Reaction score
My computer is a $300.00 CAN computer. It is not custom built. It is 6 years old.

Microsoft Windows XP
Professional
Version 2002
Service Pack 3

Intel(R)
Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.66GHz
2.66 GHz, 504MB of RAM

My computer sucks XD

Its pretty fast though due to programs such as ccleaner, tune up 08, ext.

hezuo

Reaction score
I just got my "lapzuo" a month ago, it's not brand new, but i really love it. It's a Toshiba Satellite dual core with 2gb of ram and 120gb. XD

damsch12

Reaction score
Mine its custom built

motherboard, processor, hard drive, an 1 memory, like 4 years
The other memory and hard drive, 2 years
And the Video card 1 year

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
My is a Compaq Presario (dont remember the model #), made in 2004

It have a Celeron 2.7Ghz single core, 1GB of ram, 1 80GB hard drive with linux, dual booted with a 40gb hard drive with XP, a POS intel integrated 845G video card, motherboard does not have a AGP or PCIe slot so i'm screwed.

Celeron!? Ewww. Poor you. Can you do anything on your computer???

My computers probably about 4-5 years old, if not older. Definately time to upgrade.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Celeron!? Ewww. Poor you. Can you do anything on your computer???

My computers probably about 4-5 years old, if not older. Definately time to upgrade.

My old gaming computer used a Celeron 2.4Ghz chip and it ran fine and still runs fine :biggrin:. I also have a hand me down Dell here that runs a 1.8GHz Celeron and it's fine as well.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
My old gaming computer used a Celeron 2.4Ghz chip and it ran fine and still runs fine :biggrin:. I also have a hand me down Dell here that runs a 1.8GHz Celeron and it's fine as well.

odd. From my experience, the celeron is a crippled chip and I've found it to be rather slow, but then, I've never run something that's as fast as 2.4Ghz.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
odd. From my experience, the celeron is a crippled chip and I've found it to be rather slow, but then, I've never run something that's as fast as 2.4Ghz.

The Celerons are in fact crippled mainly due to the L2 cache as well as their efficiency.

sfan123

Reaction score
Mine is a Gateway its just about one year old though recently it starting to give us problems so I dont know what i am going to do with it.