Reaction score
Hello

How to add an own domain myname.com ?
How do I add SSL certificate to it?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
For SSL there's good information in this thread: https://community.x10hosting.com/community/threads/ssl-for-free-hosting.208529/

To add your own domain you first need to ask yourself if you want it as an alias to the x10 provided domain, replace the x10 provided domain or add it as a second separate domain.

To set it as an alias you use the option under "Account Manager" called "Domain Pointers". This option creates the domain duplicating any settings you have for the x10 provided domain. With this option you can not create an email account under that domain.

If you want to replace, or add it as a second domain you go to "Domain Setup", also found under "Account Manager".

To replace the current domain use the rename option, this will alter all instances of the current domain to use the new instead, including email accounts (which means that anyone trying to send an email to user@domain.x10.xm will get a bounce since it no longer exists, so may not always be a wise option)

The last option, adding it as a separate domain, means you click "ADD NEW" and enter the details of the domain. This creates a separate public_html for that domain, located at /domains/NEWDOMAINNAME/public_html where you need to put the files pertaining to that site.

You will also, in all cases, need to point the domain to our servers, this is easiest done by changing the nameservers for the domain into ours, they are ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com.
It is possible to point the domain with an A record, but that would only work for the site, emails etc would not be delivered to us if you only set an A record, this option is really only a viable one if you have emails through another service, such as google or the registrar even.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score