How to create a sitemap ?

naresh

Reaction score
hello friends,

I have heard about creating a sitemap and submitting it to search engine but my question is how to make that ?
I have a site at www.CompetitionExam.com and I want to create sitemap for it,

Any help out there ?

mcklovin

Reaction score
Thanks guys I have been knocking my head into a wall trying to figure this out!!

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
If you're after a more automates approach like me, phpSitemapNG is an excellent little application that will make the sitemap for you, by crawling your site's links.

It's free, and you can download it here:
http://enarion.net/google/

Also, this thread belongs in Programming Help, not off topic.

Hope this helps,
-Luke.

* Moved to Programming Help *

Last edited:

Jordan C

Reaction score
You can upload sitemaps in almost any format. I did one as a text file (.txt) with a list of URL's to be indexed, separated with a new line.

Then I just uploaded it to my site and told Google the address, then a little while later they indexed them

kateblogs

Reaction score
It you want an HTML sitemap SitemapDoc creates one automatically - it's a lot easier than doing it manually if you have a lot of pages.

kkenny

Reaction score
Sometimes if you have CMS programs, you can also use their plugins to make sitemaps. But basically the links they gave here are good enough for sites not made with a 3rd party script. If you have a 3rd party script, you should look for a plugin that makes these sitemaps, their more reliable then the things the generator generates in my opinion