How to edit JavaScript?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pilotj1999

Reaction score
I am having trouble with the three buttons from step 2 not disappearing when I publish my page (the buttons are edit, delete, and lock). My browser tells me there is trouble with the java script but I can't find where to edit it. Please let me know how to edit the java script or how to hide those buttons an easier way.

Thanks!

phoebex2

Reaction score
More information would be helpful... If you're using pages with editing features embedded in them, maybe you should try making pages in a simple text editor and uploading those instead.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It's likely that there is a bit of confusion here. The "three buttons from step 2" tells me that the problem is with the software you are using to create/publish your pages. I don't have access to tell what software/script you are using*, or whether the problem you are experiencing is actually a bug in the code or a failure to load one of the required JavaScript files.

If it's something that just began happening to you, it's probably a loading problem; you can try clearing your browser's cache and history entries for your site. If it has never worked, then there's a problem with the software you're using, and you'd need to access the files using the cPanel file manager or FTP. Viewing the source of the editor page should tell you which files you need to look at if you don't have a good debugger in your browser. Check first to see if there is an updated version of the software available before you go spelunking in the code — there may be much more important problems than anything you've noticed (like security issues) that have been fixed along the way.
* Yes, x10 staffers, I know I should have access. No, I don't want it. I've deleted/burned any remnant of my JM password, and that's the way it's going to stay. Some of the mental problems that come with Parkinsonism/LBD mean that I can't trust myself with things like the ability to suspend other people's accounts.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
There is currently no linked account to the forum account, so you couldn't have found out anyways Essellar. And no worries, we completely understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.