how to fix this "Display Errors is ON"

Status
Not open for further replies.

archdesun

Reaction score
:dunno:Hi ! when I install joomla v1.5 in x10 hosting free the proplem i have its in page "Pre-installation Check" when i install joomla 1.5 in the Recommended Settings joomla tell me its recommend this setting for "Display Errors :OFF:" but in my istallation is "ON" plz tell my how to fix this .
thanks!
desunvn

Last edited:

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
:dunno:Hi ! when I install joomla v1.5 in x10 hosting free the proplem i have its in page "Pre-installation Check" when i install joomla 1.5 in the Recommended Settings joomla tell me its recommend this setting for "Display Errors :OFF:" but in my istallation is "ON" plz tell my how to fix this .
thanks!
desunvn

Did you try going into your Joomla administration panel and look through the settings?

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You can skip that I believe, as other people are running joomla correctly

ah-blabla

Reaction score
The "Display Errors" is a php setting, which is set by default in php.ini. Usually you can change it with a php_flag in .htaccess, but that is disabled here. The last option is to add
Code:
error_reporting(0);
to php code, but that only disables error reporting for any files that appears in, and doesn't change the php config. Don't worry too much about it though, since it isn't critical to security. (It can help an attacker slightly, but not that much.)

Last edited:

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
I am running Joomla on my site and have not experienced this problem before.

Recommended settings are what they recommend....as in they don't have to be exactly like that. I would just proceed with the installation and see how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.