How to get high quality traffic without spending a penny?

Which drives real visitors?

• Total voters

upadesh

Reaction score
I want huge real visitors to my site but i don't know the way to make it possible. Can anybody help me to fulfill my wish. Please help me with the search engine and social bookmarking site and please specify if it is legal to their agreement. I would be happy to hear the best free way. Thank you.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I'd have to say Search Engines and Classified sites, since many times, I see people finding sites through Google or some news site. A lot of the hits I get often have referrals from a search engine. Though of course, if it's coming from a search engine, you have to make sure that your site has information that people might look for on it.

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
link exchange is always a good way to let others know you exist, as well as "advertising" your site wherever you can, ie is forum sigs, in your profile of any community you participate... basically where ever you can put a link to your site without breaking any rules by doing so.

Of course the main thing is to have a site where the users want to come back, that means there has to be fresh stuff for users to read/look at fairly often.

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
Most of my traffic comes from search engines like Google. I also get a bit of traffic from Link/Banner exchanges but not much.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
My traffic, that is a bit to low to be a statistical certainty, comes more from direct traffic or from referring sites (links on forums and such mainly) for one of my domains, the other comes more from search engines (at least acording to google analytics) so I'd say both are important ways to get traffic.

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
I've found that search engines and link exchanges get me extra traffic. I've never delved into the depths of social bookmarking, although that's supposed to be a good way to build hype about your sites.

-Luke.

gateway

Reaction score
Ok social bookmarking is quite good when you have a lot of money to spend in bribing others to help out.
But the fact is, for a real business site, the best advertising option is search engine first and classified ads. They have high conversion rates since those who looks up for sites there really wants to visit and perform action
Link exchange and forum sig ad placement are good but actually not as good as search engines and classified ads. Just know how to place the ads better, and the visitors will come more than you expected.

By the way, just being a little curious, if you are just mad at getting just traffic and not conversion type, why not try the popular auto and manual surf they might help though. Never mind.

harmonixx

Reaction score
The way i have always done it is basicaly join as many topsites as possible and always keep an eye on them as then u know where you stand......plus add as many keywords into your site so google and yahoo or other search engines pick up your site:drool:

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
Don't use too many redirects either, Google and other search engines really don't approve of them. Keep your sitemaps up to date, make sure you have valid keywords in your meta tags and produce content that your visitors will find useful. Try to keep affiliate links down to a sensible level and maybe try your hand at using AdWords to advertise your site. These are in addition to what I said above.

-Luke.

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Most of the quality traffic comes from the searchings, Add your site to searchings like google, yahoo, msn etc..
add feeds to feedburner.com type of sites.
Publish quality posts on site.

It is slow process but you will get quality traffic. That is for sure.

klnce

Reaction score
Many popular site gets most of sites from search engines like google.

How to optimize for google

1)Title is the best place to put your important and unique information page.
Because Google considers Title as important things than meta tags
2)Include alt attributes for images
3)Do not use javascript menu in the home page, because google spiders find your site from web some how and scans it, but the spiders will not able to see the links in the javascript. So they will get struck and end process
4)Submit a sitemap to www.google.com/webmastertools
5)Provide Bookmark us link in the home page.

These are the some ways that i use to improve the traffic.

My site is http://klnce.elementfx.com

veightar

Reaction score
Search engines are the best but might take you a couple of time before you can reach on top where you will get the traffic. But for the mean time, you might want to try classified ads, they are quite good for me.

thebabyhater

Reaction score
While I totally agree that search engine optimization should be considered as the number one way of getting traffic, the power of word of mouth shouldn't be ignored, especially if you have a product/site that "everybody" likes. I'll use the example of webcomics - sure, there are millions of em out there. One of my best friends runs one that is constantly ranked in the top 100, and most of his traffic came from word of mouth.

Basically, one person saw his site, thought, "Hey, this is funny," and told two friends. He guesses that, while he does active SEO, most of his traffic (and recurring fans) come from word of mouth.

upadesh

Reaction score
thank you all for suggesting. i really started getting traffic but its not that high to my expectation anyway i'm happy but i want to know if these traffic are permanent or not?

freepc

Reaction score
i think all these are great way to drive traffic still i prefer the link exchange and social bookmark.

jjwinter

Reaction score
The number one way is ranking high on search engines and I would say number two would be social bookmarking sites.

My blog is about 3 months old now and I am still in google's sandbox so I don't get much traffic from them, but one page on my site has a 5 star rating through stumbleupon and I get about 2000-3000 unique visitor a day to it.

So naturally I am partial to social bookmarking sites :)