How to install SMF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Ok, what you have to do is unzip the smf file before you upload it, then with your ftp program upload it to public_html, after that go to http://yoursite.x10hosting.com/smf(or whatever the filename was that you uploaded) then it takes you to the installation process, if you need any further help i would be glad to help, just add a reply to this thread or pm me

Maurice

Reaction score
There is a Fantastico version that installs it. Doesn't X10Hosting use it?

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
no they have not upgraded it, it is still yabb

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
the server is localhost and the install path would be public_html/smf

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
the username and password have to be the same as your c-panel one and also make sure that the file you uploaded was smf cause even if it is Smf it wont work because it is case sensitive ex: if the file that you uploaded was Smf1.0 then the path would be public_html/Smf1.0

luegames

Reaction score
Now it gives me another error:

The installer was unable to access the "smf" database. With some hosts, you have to create the database in your administration panel before SMF can use it. Some also add prefixes - like your username - to your database names.

I have a free MySQL database, i entered all the info.

I entered the MySQL server name as localhost. Entered the same username and password i use to login, and the table prefix is smf_

What's wrong?

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
can you give me a screenshot of that too please

Edit: i know the prefix has to be luegames_smf
try that befor taking the screenshot cause i think that is your problem

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
try smf_luegames i installed it a long time ago and its rusty in my head

luegames

Reaction score
The installer was unable to access the "smf" database. With some hosts, you have to create the database in your administration panel before SMF can use it. Some also add prefixes - like your username - to your database names.

when entering smf_luegames as MySQL table prefix:

Maurice

Reaction score
Here's a question, did you add the USER to the MySQL database before asking for support?

Go log in to your Cpanel, and go to the MySQL databases page, make a screenshot of it, it would help us!

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
you dont even have to make a mysql database it does it for you so if u did and named it smf then thats your problem there, delete it then try the install again :) hopefully that helps

I just did the install and i made a mysql database and it wouldnt let me but once i deleted it, it worked fine

Maurice

Reaction score
thesims2extreme said:
you dont even have to make a mysql database it does it for you so if u did and named it smf then thats your problem there, delete it then try the install again :) hopefully that helps

I thought that function was down on SMF 1.0.2 and it isn't on Fantastico, but please , just let him answer my questions :whatchuta

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
no i already told you they did not upgrade so its still yabb and i just did a install and thats his problem ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.