How to make a page like youtube?

qwertyuiop12

Reaction score
Can somebody please make a turtorial of how to make a page like youtube where people can make there own videos sign up and log in and upload it to my site.:happysad:

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
It is a pretty extensive and time consuming process to create a site like that. To be reliable and good, you would need:
Experience with PHP to create and secure a user login script
Experience with Flash to create the video player
Experience with MySQL to manage the video collection
A lot of patience
Lots and lots of bandwidth and disk space

qwertyuiop12

Reaction score
It is a pretty extensive and time consuming process to create a site like that. To be reliable and good, you would need:
Experience with PHP to create and secure a user login script
Experience with Flash to create the video player
Experience with MySQL to manage the video collection
A lot of patience
Lots and lots of bandwidth and disk space

I pretty mutch have that what next

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
I'd start with a solid user system, then build on the video upload and viewing, then searching, and finally tweak the UI to perfection.

qwertyuiop12

Reaction score
could you help me by making a step by step turtorial with ALL the details
THANX :biggrin:

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
To do that, we would practically be making the website for you...for free. Get inventive and try for yourself.

qwertyuiop12

Reaction score
if thats how your going to be then fine. sod off, i just wanted a step by step turtorial because i DONT KNOW HOW TO DO IT MYSELF. so be inventive - HOW AM I MEANT TO DO THAT IF I DONT KNOW HOW!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad: and it wouldent be making the whole site for me because all i want is part of it to be that. im also having games, i already have a forum and chat. im still thinking what else to do on it.

wjh2303

Reaction score
if you have experiance in php/mysql/flash etc like you said you do, you should atleast be able to take a stab at it yourself, and then come and ask for help when you get stuck on any particular bit. I guess you could start with a user-system then build the video stuff onto it, or start with a video bit then add a user system to that, whichever you feel more comfortable doing first

gptsven

Reaction score
if you have experiance in php/mysql/flash etc like you said you do, you should atleast be able to take a stab at it yourself, and then come and ask for help when you get stuck on any particular bit. I guess you could start with a user-system then build the video stuff onto it, or start with a video bit then add a user system to that, whichever you feel more comfortable doing first

I second. I don't think he has any experience now lol. it's not hard to build a page that shows a video. just do that already and work from there

freecrm

Reaction score
I pretty mutch have that what next

No, you don't.

We've seen your website (www.taylaaarrr.co.cc) and know what your level of understanding is.

As posted above, youtube is a complex site and a tutorial to complete a site like this would be worth a great deal of money.

Based on your level of expertise, start asking simler questions and stop wasting our time.

Are you serious?

Quite!

This is the first time I have posted in this fashion but your approach is not condusive to a good reception!:nuts:

vol7ron

Reaction score
I second the majority of what is said here.

Someone already suggested the framework: start with a user registration system. If you don't know how to do that, Google it. You're not going to get a tutorial on how to make a site here. It is extensive as said, especially since design and programming can vary.

If you don't you know how to make a user login system, then that already is asking a lot of the users here, because there is a lot that goes into the database setup, maintenance, etc. Then that also means you probably don't really understand forms or server side scripts. Plus, let's not forget, you probably don't know anything about encryption, which include password and transmission security.

My guess is you had some forum like phpBB and some blog software like WordPress installed, which happen to setup your database for you. Just because you have those tools in place by other turn-key applications, does not mean you know how to use them.

lego1

Reaction score
why not try something like fliggo.com or ning.com.. Seems like the better way to go

neteater

Reaction score
you are saying you want to make an site like you tube where user can upload their own videos am i right,so why are you trying to make this --------just buy a video sharing script from someone its easier then making

swirly

Reaction score
Wait, you want someone to tell you how to be inventive? Does someone do your thinking too?

kuarkon

Reaction score
i think that you can start in downloading some pages from youtube and read the script...you can see what makes what and almost all you need to know and all you need you will find there...just read it and see what scripts are used and then google it...you can find allot of tutorials for free for every script...but you will need a lot of time in learning the codes for various scripts and how to use it...you will also need to realy want to make it, if not DON`T START.If you don`t have time or you don`t want to work you can search on google for a script that is almost the same as youtube.

and if you will make an website like youtube you will have a lot of work to do every day, that is if you don`t have some helpers :D,...and you also need to keep your site clean (NO WAREZ) or you will be closed...
For my point of view if you don`t earn some money from all your work you better make an forum, or on cms, you can find them on google.

qwertyuiop12

Reaction score
why not try something like fliggo.com or ning.com.. Seems like the better way to go

cheers best advice yet NOT!!! i want it to be on MY site

i think that you can start in downloading some pages from youtube and read the script...you can see what makes what and almost all you need to know and all you need you will find there...just read it and see what scripts are used and then google it...you can find allot of tutorials for free for every script...but you will need a lot of time in learning the codes for various scripts and how to use it...you will also need to realy want to make it, if not DON`T START.If you don`t have time or you don`t want to work you can search on google for a script that is almost the same as youtube.

and if you will make an website like youtube you will have a lot of work to do every day, that is if you don`t have some helpers :D,...and you also need to keep your site clean (NO WAREZ) or you will be closed...
For my point of view if you don`t earn some money from all your work you better make an forum, or on cms, you can find them on google.

Cheers il have i try

Last edited:

the_site

Reaction score
Or you could just use Youtube. It's already there isn't it?
Off topic sorry:
The flag of Croatia reminds me of MMA Fighter, Mirko Cro Crop haha.

That is going to be a lot of work to make a site like You tube for sure. I am saying, just saying if you do have success with the site.... You might as well gear up with some bandwith and space.