how to make search engine friendly website

neteater

Reaction score
i want to know how can i make a search engine friendly website what are the things i must follow to make a search engine friendly webpage plz give me some info

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
from what i think search engines do not like links that don't end with a mime type, i.e ".php?id=3" they would rather have what x10 does using a modRewrite "*.html/.php" might be a little hard to understand

gptsven

Reaction score
you you need to edit .htaccess and rewrite all your URLS with MOD rewrite.

do not build your website inside a table, use divisions.
if you know how, build variable meta data -> load meta data depending on page or article.

kkenny

Reaction score
Make SEO Friendly urls? Trackback and Ping other blogs often?
Just make your URL known, and links SEO friendly.
SEO Friendly is like
instead of articles/1.html
use articles/1-how-to-do-this.html

varunrai

Reaction score
next step after doing all this is.. create a xml site map.. (there are many online tools to create.. Google it!) ..
submit your site to the search engines.. Google, Yahoo.. Etc.

xPlozion

Reaction score
actually, google dislikes the use of mod_rewrite more than having queries in your urls in some cases. i'll try to dig up a link about it, but i think i remember reading that in the developer section of google ;)

here's one link, i can't remember if it's the one i read originally, but it has the same information: http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com/2008/09/dynamic-urls-vs-static-urls.html

also, about the xml sitemap, it doesn't have to be a static file. i've got my sitemaps (yes, 2) indexed in google as php sitemaps. take a look at my sitemap for an example of how it should be (warning for those w/ slow connections and/or computers), there's 31282 lines, my second sitemap (same site nonetheless) has over 40,000. google limits it at 50000: http://www.ccheater.uni.cc/sitemap.php

btw, google's webmaster tools is located: https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/dashboard

Last edited:

balaji2u

Reaction score
sitemap doesn't have to be a static but search engines loves more if its a static file.i.e, .XML see my sitemap here and because of using XML sitemap plugin its updated automatically and regularly (www.ultraoli.info/sitemap.xml) and the other thing is you need to have a original content, a bit black hat method is that even if you are copying content from other(which 90% of site does) you need to add a unique line at the beginning and at the end.
build links and exchange links with that relevant site that has high PR (7 to 1o is good).

apoorav2

Reaction score
Make Sitemaps, Generate MetaTags by urself or by third party tools, Make RSS Feed to tell users about ur latest changes. Submit ur site to popular search engines like Google,Yahoo , MSN .

mrxp_anupam

Reaction score
Create your website and search engine mostly find them automatically in some days

deepak.as79

Reaction score
1)Make your site in PHP you can make your site with HTML
and save it as a .php file.
2)add these two lines to each of your pages under <head> tag.
<meta name="description" content="type your site description here">
<meta name="keywords" content="type your keywords here">

and submit your website to google,yahoo...etc.
i think this will help you.