How To Make Your Own Radio Station

greeting

Reaction score
Found this in one of the resource...!

Must HAVE Winamp (Any Version)
First, things First your speed has to be at least 256/64 kbps (which means Dial-up users, will have alot of latency, just dnt bother)
Second, your going to have to have a domain, an updated one with the current i.p active. (Could be anything e.g. My sig)

Now, Your gonna have to download the Shoutcast Files.

Go to www.shoutcast.com to get the files.

Ok After downloading these, installing Both of them in any order i dnt care. Go to START>PROGRAM FILES>SHOUTcast DNAS>EDIT SHOUTCAST DNS CONFIG.

Ok your gonna have to Configure it:
Go Down and where it says password: change (that means your gonna have to change it to whatever, make sure u remember)
The Portbase: change it to whatever port you want it
Maxusers: (lets be realistic here, dnt put in 10000, like NXS's radio station) your bandwidth has to be extremely good, if your cable, 50 user max is ok, ADSL should stay below 10 users, and T1 connections should do whatever tickles there fantasy.

Open winamp, RIGHT CLICK>OPTIONS>PREFRENCES>DSP EFFECT> and choose the NULLSOFT SHOUTCAST.

Go to OUTPUT, and then click on Connection, Through the ADDRESS, type your address which you have done through www.no-ip.com, PORT NUMBER, whatever u did in the EDIT.txt, and your password.

Then go to Encoder, and choose your quality of your music. Go back to OUTPU>OUTPUT CONFIG> YELLOW PAGES. this is your advertisemant information. dow hatever you like there.

Now Connect. to check that your Radio os on-line go to http://(your address that you added in the prefrence)

enjoy!

Scott B

Reaction score
I just performed an experiment to see if shoutcast will work on a dial-up server and it does, but barely. I can't give you my IP address because its dynamic...lol

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
Good, but some people ( like myself ) have modem / routers that don't seem to like shoutcast very much. I followed tutorials and instructions to setup a station, and nothing ever worked.

Scott B

Reaction score
I'm surprised dial-up even supports a max user of one streaming at 24kbs

FalseHope

Reaction score
Why make your own, when x10 has a radio station! Nice find though.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
You have to PORTFORWARD.

POWERtunez

Reaction score
it doesnt work for me. ive followed the instructions and it won't work. btw, i took the liberty to do it your way. i was tryin to do it with SAM broadcaster and ice cast but it just wouldn't stream to my player and i still dunno why. if u could help me do it my way over yours then it would be much appreciated :) send me a message via msn cuz im going to do some other things =/

Last edited:

POWERtunez

Reaction score
it doesnt work for me. ive followed the instructions and it won't work. btw, i took the liberty to do it your way. i was tryin to do it with SAM broadcaster and ice cast but it just wouldn't stream to my player and i still dunno why. if u could help me do it my way over yours then it would be much appreciated :) send me a message via msn cuz im going to do some other things =/
is anyone going to reply? i need help ASAP

greeting

Reaction score
Last edited:

kkenny

Reaction score
This might be fun to play with in the future when I want to mes saround when I'm extremely bored. thanks for the tutorial :)