How to setup my domain? not subdomain

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenacit2

Reaction score
Im trying to move my domain here but it only allows me to make a subdomain first. I did, but I cant find any options to switch point my domain here, just to point it to the sub. Please help!

usama_rasab27

Reaction score
Hi, CLICK HERE to find out how to add a domain name, you can either park the domain name or use the addon domain feature. From your domain provider, point your domain's nameservers to X10Hosting's nameservers.

Which are:

• ns1.x10hosting.com
  • ns2.x10hosting.com
Thank You

tenacit2

Reaction score
ok, I got to the part where you addon the domain with the cPanel. when I make new password and click add domain, all I get is a blank screen with the words "tenacitygaming.com is already configured." Then, when I got back, i get a message at the bottom saying "No addon domains are configured." I will keep trying tho thank you for the help!

tenacit2

Reaction score
*Fixed* I had to logout of Cpanel and switch back to basic, and remove the redirect domain before I could addon. DERP! thank you for the help!

paulx10h

Reaction score
addon the domain with the cPanel
My cPanel does not have boxes... What am I doing wrong ?
Thanks,
Paul

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
paulx10h -- cPanel, right column, 6th panel, Domains

Two icons, Addon Domains & Parked Domains -- click on the one that applies for what you want to do.

Parked == same site as your main domain, just called by a different name (URL)
Addon == different site from your main domain

paulx10h

Reaction score
upload_2013-9-6_21-24-11.png
I just don't see it.
Am I missing it or is it just not there ?
Paul

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
That's the FileManager.

cPanel, when you first log in.

paulx10h

Reaction score
DUH - Domains - I have paul.x10host.com & medrpt.com both set-up with no redirect
My GoDaddy nameservers are set to ns1.x10hosting.com & ns2.x10hosting.com and no redirect
when I try to get to medrpt.com I get to paul.x10host.com.
I thought the Domain would allow the site to reflect the medrpt.com address.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Did you make it an addon domain or a parked domain?

Use FileManager and look at .htaccess in public_html. You are getting a 302 Redirect from your custom domain to the x10 domain.

paulx10h

Reaction score
It's a parked Domain
I did have GoDaddy forwarded -but- no longer
Here is my .htaccess...
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]

# add a trailing slash to /wp-admin
RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?wp-admin$ $1wp-admin/ [R=301,L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
RewriteRule ^ - [L]
RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?(wp-(content|admin|includes).*) $2 [L]
RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?(.*\.php)$ $2 [L]
RewriteRule . index.php [L]

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
At this point, it's a WordPress issue. You'll have to change the site URL in the WordPress settings (upon which, your x10host.com URL will immediately redirect to your medrpt.com URL — there ought to be a way to tell WP to leave the URL alone, but there isn't). See the details at http://codex.wordpress.org/Changing_The_Site_URL

paulx10h

Reaction score
OK - thanks for your help. The link says to go to Settings => General -but- there are no fields as described in the link... Only option is to change the DB - I think. That would be the best solution for me - - - I will look into changing the DB and hope for the best. Not sure what's wrong - I accidentally set the new Domain for my URL on the wrong x10 account (worked fine, showed the new Domain URL in the address) - then I deleted the wrong Domain and logged in to the proper x10 site and set the Domain for my URL there - redirects -but- with the x10 url remains in the address bar.??? Oh Well - onward we go...

paulx10h

Reaction score
sorry - I am using Responsive theme on WordPress 3.5.2 on a Windows Vista Home system.....

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
OK - thanks for your help. The link says to go to Settings => General -but- there are no fields as described in the link... Only option is to change the DB - I think. That would be the best solution for me - - - I will look into changing the DB and hope for the best. Not sure what's wrong - I accidentally set the new Domain for my URL on the wrong x10 account (worked fine, showed the new Domain URL in the address) - then I deleted the wrong Domain and logged in to the proper x10 site and set the Domain for my URL there - redirects -but- with the x10 url remains in the address bar.??? Oh Well - onward we go...

You have two accounts?

Whatever you tried to say, it came out garbled.

paulx10h

Reaction score
Sorry it was garbled - I'll try again - I said previously:
OK - thanks for your help. The link says to go to Settings => General -but- there are no fields as described in the link... Only option is to change the DB - I think. That would be the best solution for me - - - I will look into changing the DB and hope for the best. Not sure what's wrong - I accidentally set the new Domain for my URL on the wrong x10 account (paul1148@yahoo.com uturnranchcountrystore.x10host.com) (worked fine, showed the new Domain URL in the address) - then I deleted the wrong Domain and logged in to the proper x10 site (PaulMuhl44@GMail.com paul.x10host.com) and set the Domain for my URL there - redirects fine -but- with the x10 url remains in the address bar.??? Oh Well - onward we go...
Thanks again for your help,
Paul

paulx10h

Reaction score
P.S.
I changed the siteurl in the wp_options DB table to medrpt.com and -so- far it didn't change anything...
medrpt.com still takes me to the paul.x10host.com site but, it still has the paul.x10host.com in the address bar.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
1. To which account did you add medrpt.com ?

2. Did you add it as an add on or a parked domain?

3. You should not have added any "redirects", period.

4. If it is a parked domain and it is the same account as paul.x10host.com --

Go to your wordpress admin page and sign in

Left side - Settings - General ---->

WordPress Address (URL) -- set to medrpt.com ASSUMING you installed WordPress into public_html.
Site Address (URL) -- same

Click Save Changes

paulx10h

Reaction score
1. To which account did you add medrpt.com ?
......First I added it as a Parked Domain to uturnranchcountrystore.x10host.com (by mistake)
- - - this worked fine medrpt.com took me to the U-Turn page with the medrpt.com in the address - Great
.....I Deleted the Domain medrpt.com from the U-Turn Domains and eventually was able to set up a Parked
- - - Domain for medrpt.com on the proper paul.x10host.com site
.....I went into the DB and set "siteurl" in "wwp_options" to medrpt.com and then (now) to http://medrpt.com
.....NOW the medrpt.com takes me to the proper paul.x10host.com site but, with that in the address vs: the medrpt.com in the adddress

2. Did you add it as an add on or a parked domain?
.....Parked Domain

3. You should not have added any "redirects", period.
.....I set GoDaddy to redirect trying to get to the paul.x10host.com site - was going to Coming Soon or something.
.....Now, GoDaddy only has the nameserver and no redirect

4. If it is a parked domain and it is the same account as paul.x10host.com --

Go to your wordpress admin page and sign in

Left side - Settings - General ---->
.....GREAT - Now I can't Log-In on the paul.x10host.com/wp-admin - just takes me to the paul.x10host.com page
- - - the Log In under the META widget on the side-bar, refreshes the screen but, takes me to the same place

SORRY to be such a pest - could this have anything to do with my changing the "siteurl" in "wwp_options" to
- - - medrpt.com and then (now) to http://medrpt.com

paulx10h

Reaction score
P. S.
I intended to say that the last I was Logged On - the Left side - Settings - General ----> did not have the WordPress Address (URL) or the Site Address (URL) - - - they were not there - is this because I have the second Domain medrpt.com ???

Status
Not open for further replies.