How to Setup MySQL db on server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pasha2k

Reaction score
Thx for your response. yes, I am setting up an online store and it needs a mysql db to run on the server. Where do I set this up at?

gomarc

Reaction score
All your databases need to be created using the cPanel -> Databases

You can use the MySQL Databases or the Wizard. Go thru all the steps (Name database, create user, give user privileges).

Then you can go to phpMyAdmin and import the tables (if you have them).

In your php code, your hostname will be: localhost

pasha2k

Reaction score
Okay, I have set that up in Cpanel. I guess I will be creating thes tables myself. I am using opencart for the online store and it doesn't have alot of instructions. Any suggestions?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I have never used that one, nor any other shopping cart scripts. Most scripts however comes with an installer, where all you have to do is upload all files and browse to the install script, typically named install.php that often resides in a folder called install, and follow instructions on the screen.

If you have such installer all tables would be created in the process.

pasha2k

Reaction score
I do have a script in the install folder that looks like it creates the tables I need. Where do I run this?

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You can install opencart by visiting your install.php. Just make sure that when the install is totally finished, you delete the entire install directory.
Edit:
Pasha2k, I PMed you a link to the page on your site from which you can complete the install.

Let us know if you encounter any more problems. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.