how to use new domain

computerkids

Reaction score
I am using a free domain here and I just bought a domain name at go daddy.How do I use it here and I would like to keep my old free domain up and running if possible.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
if you want both domains to show the same site, you should add the one you bought as a parked domain through cPanel (Parked domains always point to the web root). This way the free subdomain you signed up with remains your main domain and both work essentially the same as far as a visitor sees.

You need to configure the domain at go daddy to point to our servers, the easiest way of doing this is setting the name servers for the domain to: ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com

Please note that it may take up to 48 hours before the domain has propagated and fully works after making such changes.

Last edited:

computerkids

Reaction score
Thanks Ladyanna I am still a little unclear forgive my ignorance. I should have been more clear in my post.I have a free domain name it is www.surveymoney.x10hosting.com. I rank number 8 in google for my target phrase which is FREE Fun Surveys .I dont want to lose this traffic so I bought the domain name freefunsurveys.info in hopes if getting the number 1 or 2 spot at google for my target phrase.I want put up a duplicate site at www.freefunsurveys.info and keep the site at surveymoney.x10hosting.com at least untill google indexs my new site.My new domain name is currently parked at go daddy.How would I do this so google doesnt think freefunsurveys.info is just a redirect to surveymoney.x10hosting.com.How do i move it here and put up a duplicate site or can this be done.

Last edited:

Mr. DOS

Reaction score
Setting up freefunsurveys.info as a parked domain like LadyAnna has suggested will accomplish exactly what you are trying to achieve.

FYI, surveymonkey.x10hosting.com is just a subdomain of x10hosting.com, not an actual domain.

--- Mr. DOS

Last edited: