HTML Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatthewGB

Reaction score
Here are a few general HTML questions (and some others) which, i would like some help with. Each question has the amount of credits you get if you are the first one to answer. Credits will be given once ALL questons are answered or after 3 days from October 26th (so 29th)

1) I have a load of HTML web pages. Is there any way to automatically 'transform' them into php or do i have to do it myself. (3 Credits)

2) Where can i get FREE php websites / templates (5 credits) (10 credits if multiple links 2+)

3) Is it possible to combine different CSS Stylesheets into one. For example, i have downloaded losts of free CSS template and all the style sheets have the different Bits like Header, Sidebar etc. I want to combine a header of one, with a sidebar of another. Is this possible to do this with Copy and pasting alone? (5 Credits)

4) Is there a FREE Facebook style template?? (3 Credits)

5) Do forums eat up your bandwith a lot faster than a blog? (2 credits)

6)If i was to create a small website where users could register and have their own small page, like a mini MySpace for only about 20 members, which format would you create the website in? Please enclose reason why and links to tutorials / template. First 3 people with DIFFERENT ideas get the credits. (5 Credits)

And just for fun!

7) What is the lowest number you can score with a single dart on a dartboard (2 credits ;) )

Thanks, Matt

DarkDragonLord

Reaction score
1) I have a load of HTML web pages. Is there any way to automatically 'transform' them into php or do i have to do it myself. (3 Credits)

you want to make ur html into php? just change their extension :shifty:

2) Where can i get FREE php websites / templates (5 credits) (10 credits if multiple links 2+)

i will start making templates soon and let them free to downlaod in my webpage

3) Is it possible to combine different CSS Stylesheets into one. For example, i have downloaded losts of free CSS template and all the style sheets have the different Bits like Header, Sidebar etc. I want to combine a header of one, with a sidebar of another. Is this possible to do this with Copy and pasting alone? (5 Credits)

create a new .css then copy the things you want but be sure to check the ID.. for example: the div of the header you want has an ID="header" so be sure the css has the div#header and too, the div have the id tag.

4) Is there a FREE Facebook style template?? (3 Credits)

no idea what is facebook

5) Do forums eat up your bandwith a lot faster than a blog? (2 credits)

depends of which forum software u using but mostly yes since blog might be a header and some images, forums are all based on images.

6)If i was to create a small website where users could register and have their own small page, like a mini MySpace for only about 20 members, which format would you create the website in? Please enclose reason why and links to tutorials / template. First 3 people with DIFFERENT ideas get the credits. (5 Credits)

PHP > because is easier to make integration between php and mySQL (you WILL need a database to store logins, pass and everything)

And just for fun!

7) What is the lowest number you can score with a single dart on a dartboard (2 credits ;) )

1 lol?

no better, zero, since you can miss it lol xDDD

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Last edited:

Sohail

Reaction score
No one seemed to be able to answer the facebook question - You can go to facebook here :-

http://www.facebook.com/

It's an online social network like bebo, piczo, myspace ect... where people can chat easily, share photos and stuff like that. No, i don't think you'll ever be able to find a template like that! You would have to get your own team together and design it by scratch.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Facebook is a dumb website. In their TOS it say facebook will own all pictures and content you upload to it. So they can sell your stuff to spammers etc.

cointoss

Reaction score
If you didn't know already, there are great script sites on the internet, and you might could find a script like facebook there. You can google php scripts or try hotscripts.com. There are tons of others, but most of them have the same scripts. Almost anytime a website concept makes an impact on the web, you can expect to find clone scripts.

MatthewGB

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys.

I will give you all some credits as a thanks.

DarkDragonLord - 25 Credits (Looking at your site now)
Cointoss - 5 Credits
Sohailamir52 - 3 Credits
vigge_sWe - 15 Credits

Am adding the credits now so give me a few minutes, and thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.