HTML or XHTML?

What do you use to design your web pages?

• Total voters

andrewhucks

Reaction score
xHTML is the future, even though Html may be the standerd now. Personally, I user xHTML. If you know HTML already, xHTML isn't that big of a step to learn. xHTML 1.0 became a W3C Recommendation around 2000, as well.

eliasr

Reaction score
XHTML!

Dont have propetary code, all the browser have full support, is more readeable... mmm... is better.

Is XML, so we can develop easy, fast and secure server-side applications to interact with XHTML [like user-input].

Aaah, and can be parsed and validated.

Jon.Monreal

Reaction score
I think that xHTML is probably the way to go for most projects. As people have said, it encourages better structure than standard HTML.

That's not to say that standard HTML isn't as good though, it can be a matter of personal preference as well.

It would probably be worth it to take a look into xHTML

kkenny

Reaction score
XHTML!

Dont have propetary code, all the browser have full support, is more readeable... mmm... is better.

Is XML, so we can develop easy, fast and secure server-side applications to interact with XHTML [like user-input].

Aaah, and can be parsed and validated.

But proprietary code is sometimes better to use then xHTML + CSS

LHVWB

Reaction score
But proprietary code is sometimes better to use then xHTML + CSS

The problem with proprietary code, being that you either have to make separate pages/sections of html for each different browser, your website looks different in different browsers, meaning that you have to test it for each one or your website just doesn't work in some browsers. ;)

Dan

Reaction score
Please when posting in this thread from now on, make sure that you are not just repeating what someone else has said and make sure you are not just posting a one liner such as 'I think HTML is better'. Posts should be more like 'I think HTML is better because of whatever reason and XHTML is nowhere near as good' etc. etc.