html with word

longoria

Reaction score
Has anyone or does anyone try to create web pages with microsoft word 2003 or 2007 . I guess its a newb. way of doing it. My other question is how do you take out all of that useless code it makes on its own. Is there even away of doing it What is better frontpage or publisher for creating web pages

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Has anyone or does anyone try to create web pages with microsoft word 2003 or 2007 . I guess its a newb. way of doing it. My other question is how do you take out all of that useless code it makes on its own. Is there even away of doing it What is better frontpage or publisher for creating web pages

It's much better for you to learn HTML and use a text editor such as Notepad ++ http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/

playminigames

Reaction score
yes, and i think word is the very last thing you ever want to use, just do a quick search on google for free text editor or free html editor. Good luck on your website

ttaudio

Reaction score
Notepad++ is free and a good tool for when you're beginning to learn HTML.

mattura

Reaction score
**shudders** Word and Frontpage both insert loads of random crap in the page. I'd suggest starting with either, then examining the html and working out what you don't need, so you can strip it out. As a clue, the basic web page should be in the following form
HTML:
<html>
<head>
<title>My Web Page</title>
</head>
<body>
My content
</body>
</html>
Usually you will find loads of extra junk in the head section that you can remove (though you might want to keep <style> and <link...>). Comments
HTML:
<!-- everything in here -->
can be removed without a second thought.

Also, what Word tends to do is things like:
HTML:
<o:p></o:p>

and

<p class=MsoNormal></p>

These are redundant as there is nothing between the tags - so remove them!

ah-blabla

Reaction score
I would reccommend reading a guide like this to learn html properly. An alternative is to use a wysiwyg editor like Kompozer. Definitely don't use word since it inserts a whole load of $%^& into your html, as mattura said.

Last edited: