HTTP Error & 503 Service Unavailable (On wordpress).

Status
Not open for further replies.

classic6

Reaction score
Ever since yesterday I am unable to upload any images in wordpress.
Using the flash media uploader I get HTTP Error and if I try to use the basic uploader I'm getting 503 Service Unavailable.

Cheers :)

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey classic6,

I'm taking a look into this right now.

I'll update you when I have more info.

nishan

Prime Account
Reaction score
I am having the same issue for the last few days and went nuts thinking I have screwed up my WP installation. Was doing everything the WordPress recommended to no avail. In one way am happy to see that this is a hosting issue and not a WP mess. Atleast I can now enable my plugins and stay calm. :cool:

Hope you guys will be able to resolve the issue soon

Despite occasional issues, X10 is still one of the best free hosting sites if not the best :)

theneale

Reaction score
Definitely looks like a server config issue. I've done two clean test installs - on illuminated (image upload always works) and level (image upload always fails).

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
We believe that this is a problem with the configuration for imagemagick on the free servers. We're trying to figure out a fix.

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
I think I've isolated the cause of the issue... we're running some tests before we put the fix into place and then we'll have you guys try it out.

discreet

Reaction score
Hey there - thanks for looking into it! I'm having the same issue too. As a temporary workaround, I've installed a 3rd party gallery (the ever popular nggallery) which seems to be working, if that's any help.

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
No update yet. We've been working on it as time permits...

I don't have too much time to dedicate to it right now--I've had a death in my family and I'm dealing with that. Sorry.

classic6

Reaction score

I don't have too much time to dedicate to it right now--I've had a death in my family and I'm dealing with that. Sorry.

Oh gosh, I'm sorry to hear that! - Completely understandable.

intanger

Reaction score
Um... sorry about that. :(

Is this is an issue that all free x10 wordpress users seem to be having? I'm not alone?

nishan

Prime Account
Reaction score
seems at least the VOX WP users are are having the issue.

Hoping this would be resolved soon

davdaddy

Reaction score

My condolences, frankly this can wait tend to your family.

relocat2

Reaction score
I'm posting this here because I ran into that error earlier. I'm using some code to copy images from one upload folder to the wordpress uploads folder (works fine locally, pretty sure it worked like 2 weeks ago here too). Tonight when I started testing, it started copying images but wouldn't resize my thumbnails, then I got the 503 error, so I tried the thumbnail regeneration fix. I haven't run into the 503 since, but now the copied files are all 0 bytes. I tried checking my folder permissions, even setting everything to 777, and it's still not working... Any ideas?

nishan

Prime Account
Reaction score
This is actually a wordpress issue, not a hosting issue. It presents itself in different ways but all seem related to the auto update to v3.8.1 which may be leading to corrupted image meta data in the database. If that rings any bells, you can find a fix here:
http://wordpress.org/support/topic/no-dimensions-for-new-images-3?replies=12

Thanks webbrewe, this is a bummer but the plugin works perfectly. Atleast we are in a much better position now and go ahead with whatever the WP work we were delaying. So thanks again.

nishan

Prime Account
Reaction score
Goodnews Guys
I ran the "Force Regenerate Thumbnails" plugin once on a single image and it worked fine.
Now I find that the whole HTTP error is also corrected and the stranded media upload is working fine and its creating the proper thumbnails.
So it looks like the WP 8.3.1 auto upgrade corrupted some media meta-data and plugin also corrected/deleted/fixed it while resizing.

How can i give webbrewe TWO thumb ups ? :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.