hyperlinks download the file rather than displaying it though the browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eveind

Reaction score
Hi,

Currently my site downloads the php when clicked on the link displaying it through the browser, I was looking online to what could be the problem. I came across .htaccess and how to edit the file to allow other file types. However .htaccess file within my public_html is hidden is this the problem and if so how do i access it.

Any help would be amazing!

Thank you.

Calystos

Reaction score
Hi,

Currently my site downloads the php when clicked on the link displaying it through the browser, I was looking online to what could be the problem. I came across .htaccess and how to edit the file to allow other file types. However .htaccess file within my public_html is hidden is this the problem and if so how do i access it.

Any help would be amazing!

Thank you.
My sites doing the same, but only within the past 6-12 hours. So looks like its a new server bug they need to sort out.

I'd suggest making a ticket but they'd probably take a few days before answering it and by which time it'd probably already get fixed, lol. Plus most of the tickets people make they're just told to wait.

eveind

Reaction score
I see, im glad its not just me... I've posted a ticket, will have to see what happens in the next day or two..

Cheers for the reply.

Calystos

Reaction score
No problem, hopefully the admin will fix things fast. I had a reply from Ashley and she's contacted the admins. So its just a case of waiting now.

LOL, I just noticed my recent post telling everyone about this issue has now been totally erased. How quaint. Speak my mind, get erased... Nice. Guess we're not allowed to give criticism, eesh.

Anyways, the reply I got is as such:

Ashley said:
Hi,

I have notified an Admin about this problem and they will look into it as soon as they can. Unfortunately the Admins are all in America so it may be a couple of hours before one gets online.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
----
TechAsh - x10Hosting Senior Account Manager

So thats a good sign, they should get it all fixed soon, :)

Last edited:

fifaleague

Reaction score
A moderator locked the other topic and said that the issue was resolved.
And unless it's just me still having the exact same error, it is not.

(And no answer to my support ticket)

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The issue is resolved, at least it should be, try clearing your cache.

Calystos

Reaction score
Looks like its resolved on stoli, least my sites back and operational. So hopefully the other servers and other accounts will get recitified soon. But still, to close and erase a topic like that... hmm... I see many other topics that have issues that have been solved for weeks or months yet are still on the forums, lol.

Good work admin for sorting out. Any ideas what it was to blame?

Last edited:

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
cPanel is to blame. As per usual. ;)

Calystos

Reaction score
cPanel is to blame. As per usual. ;)
LOL, classic. Love that reply. Gave me a laugh, thanks so needed that, :)

Just glad its sorted, hope that they're taking notes for incase bugs like this return, hehe.

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Corey knew how to fix it, just wasn't able to come online until just now. It's a shame i couldn't suspend every account while it happen, to prevent anything from being stolen. With any luck no one has had any damage done.

Calystos

Reaction score
Yeah, hopefully no body lost anything major. Sux when something like this happens. Just glad it got fixed asap. Cos it coulda been so much worse if it hadn't. Specially if word got out to any malicious users.

fifaleague

Reaction score
I cleared my cookies, and even tried to go to pages that I haven't been in for weeks, and it still just prompts me to download any .php file.
Same for every user that I've talked to on MSN.

(I'm on Lotus by the way)

Edit: Finally got a reply on my Support Ticket, and apparently they are still working on Lotus..

Last edited:

lahue

Reaction score
lotus is down for me as well. I do have a couple directories missing on my server. Do you guys keep any kind of backups?

mycamgirl

Reaction score
I'm also getting this error. I didn't say nothing before because I preferred to wait till someone from support give an answer. But now that the people is saying it is solved, I have to say something. It is not solved here :(

I'm on Lotus.x10. The server status says that Apache, Exim, cPanel and FTP are offline. But I can login on cPanel and on FTP.

Should I get a support ticket?

fifaleague

Reaction score
Finally started working for me now :)

But the main page is still giving me that error. But not if i type in index.php manually.
I did clear the cookies and all in FireFox, but it doesn't work. And other members are also experiencing the same thing.. (Some for other pages)
Any clue how to fix it?

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
If you are still getting this problem, clear your cache, flush your DNS. That will solve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.