I am doing a FPS game

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I can't read the ZIP file, came up with a not valid error.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
well, I redo it tomorrow. I just found out how to put cool textboxes in so now I can tell instructions too!

noerrorsfound

Reaction score
Your sig says MICROSOFT = FAIL but you created a game just for Windows. I suggest one of these:
1. Use Irrlicht or OGRE. These are rendering engines, not complete game engines, so you'll need to choose your own library for physics, networking, sound, etc. This may be too difficult depending on your programming experience, since you'll be using C++ and not some scripting language. There are wrappers for other languages available, though.
1. Program in Python using Pygame and PyOpenGL. Python's an easy language.
3. Make a mod of an existing cross-platform game, such as Unreal Tournament 3.
4. Use DarkPlaces, a heavily-improved Quake 1 engine. If you want to see what this engine is capable of looking like, check out Nexuiz. Being based on Quake 1, the engine is written in C, but for your game itself you can use the QuakeC scripting language. There are QuakeC tutorials at Inside3D, along with a forum where you can ask questions. You can probably find some other helpful sites with QuakeC tutorials using Google.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Your sig says MICROSOFT = FAIL but you created a game just for Windows. I suggest one of these:
1. Use Irrlicht or OGRE. These are rendering engines, not complete game engines, so you'll need to choose your own library for physics, networking, sound, etc. This may be too difficult depending on your programming experience, since you'll be using C++ and not some scripting language. There are wrappers for other languages available, though.
1. Program in Python using Pygame and PyOpenGL. Python's an easy language.
3. Make a mod of an existing cross-platform game, such as Unreal Tournament 3.
4. Use DarkPlaces, a heavily-improved Quake 1 engine. If you want to see what this engine is capable of looking like, check out Nexuiz. Being based on Quake 1, the engine is written in C, but for your game itself you can use the QuakeC scripting language. There are QuakeC tutorials at Inside3D, along with a forum where you can ask questions. You can probably find some other helpful sites with QuakeC tutorials using Google.

well, I use FPS Creator, but maybe that is a way of cheating lol. But it has it's own scripting language.
Edit:
ok here is the new: http://www.filedropper.com/simple

Last edited:

cenobite321

Reaction score
Is there any way you could upload it to Mediafire or other file sharing site? I tried to download your file from three different locations and it's slow as hell and it sometimes it just stops downloading or downloads a corrupted zip file.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Is there any way you could upload it to Mediafire or other file sharing site? I tried to download your file from three different locations and it's slow as hell and it sometimes it just stops downloading or downloads a corrupted zip file.

mediafire didn't allow it because .dbo files is like virus for them