I broke my site - any way to have it reset to default?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarameda

Reaction score
I was trying to restore and old site copy and somehow broke my site. Now I cannot log into cPanel at all. Is there a way to have the site reset to default so I can start over? Any help appreciated.

jensen

Reaction score
You can break your site but you cannot break CPanel unless you hacked it?
Restoring a site from back-up sometimes does break the site.
Can you share the URL?
You can delete all the files in your account and start over.
Are you using a CMS like WordPress?

jarameda

Reaction score
Hi Jensen. Thanks for the response. I probably just don't understand what is going on.

The site has no CMS (was just a template i copied over) that used to run no problem. Due to lack of activity my account was suspended. i then signed back up and tried to restore the site from a backup.

I somehow made a mess and now only get a "Domain document root not found" error at the site (jarameda.x10.biz), and if I try and log into cPanel to fix things i get the error below. I am stuck and don't know what to do next. Any help appreciated.

CPANEL LOGIN ERROR:

Internal Server Error

No response from subprocess (cpanel (cpanel)): The subprocess reported error number 13 when it ended.

cpsrvd/11.56.0.22 Server at xo6.x10hosting.com

Last edited:

jensen

Reaction score
Maybe you got a different domain name?
x10.biz is not a domain at x10hosting that has subdomains.
Has it changed to x10host.com or pcriot.com or some other subdomains? Maybe you need to check but you surely cannot login to CPanel with the domain you provided at x10.biz

use this to login - https://x10hosting.com/sso/login

The mods might be able to help you.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

It looks like our backup software successfully restored your files, but couldn't automatically update the file permissions properly. These corrupt file permissions were causing the cPanel issues you were seeing there.

I have manually corrected the broken file permissions for you. :)

jarameda

Reaction score
Hi,

It looks like our backup software successfully restored your files, but couldn't automatically update the file permissions properly. These corrupt file permissions were causing the cPanel issues you were seeing there.

I have manually corrected the broken file permissions for you. :)

Thanks you so much Dead-i! I don't know the cause, but your permission correction got me running again. Very much appreciated!
I am just wondering - should I avoid using the restore capability as it might cause this issue again?

jarameda

Reaction score
Actually, I am part the way there but still having some struggles. Now when I go into Cpanel, I get a very limited set of options to change (like "manage email"), and if I click on the option I get the following error. Something seems to still be wrong (but my website at least works!)

The xo6.x10hosting.com page isn’t working
xo6.x10hosting.com is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

jensen

Reaction score
your site is here -> jarameda.x10.bz is working fine :)
thanks bdistler for the correct URL

x06.x10hosting.com is the server URL

Status
Not open for further replies.