I Can not loing to my email to receive the email to reset my password need help??

inter135

Reaction score
I can not login to my email account to get the email to reset my password looks like they might have deleted my account. Can someone please reset my password and PM it to me my Email I have been using is Recordking@GMX.com

I have been with forums for 5 to 7 years I have never had to reset my password once the only reason you have to reset your password is the forum was hacked and got screwed up.

robbinsg

Reaction score
I can not login to my email account to get the email to reset my password looks like they might have deleted my account. Can someone please reset my password and PM it to me my Email I have been using is Recordking@GMX.com

I have been with forums for 5 to 7 years I have never had to reset my password once the only reason you have to reset your password is the forum was hacked and got screwed up.
I have the same problem. My username is robbinsg if they would let me use that to sign on with My old password I could change My password.

Eric S

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

What is your new email address? Can you still access your account via https://x13.x10hosting.com:2222/ ? If so can you please place a simple text document labeled x10hosting.txt inside your public_html folder or anywhere on the file manager with your new email address and we can update this for you? If you do not know your direct admin password let us know and we can make this verification a different way

Eric S

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have the same problem. My username is robbinsg if they would let me use that to sign on with My old password I could change My password.
Hello the same information would apply to you in the same case. If you can please still access https://x14.x10hosting.com:2222/ with your direct admin information and please place a simple text document labeled x10hosting.txt inside your public_html folder or anywhere on the file manager with your new email address and we can update this for you? If you do not know your direct admin password let us know and we can make this verification a different way

inter135

Reaction score
It is not allowing me to login to the new cpanel address with my old email and password just rest my password already

Eric S

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It is not allowing me to login to the new cpanel address with my old email and password just rest my password already
Hello the new Direct Admin uses your username not email. If you can not access this I will reach out to get further information shortly.

moongaz2

Reaction score
I have the same problem as reported here by inter135, who started this thread, and robbinsg. A few things relevant to this: Firstly, inter135, if you still have the same problem, this might help:

If you can't login directly to the Direct Admin app using your old credentials, try again appending "/user/domains" to the address provided above by Eric. i,e, the address to go to is:
https://x12.x10hosting.com:2222/user/domains and try logging in there with your old username (not email address) and your old password. It worked for me. (In your case, you may need to change x12 to x13. I think it depends on which server your webhosting account resides on.)

I hope Eric is still monitoring this thread, because I have followed his advice by placing a file named x10hosting.txt containing my new contact address in my public_html folder. I have also sent Eric (I hope you're listening, Eric) a PM ("conversation") to advise you of this. Please tell us what should be done next to create a new password for logging in at the hosting account portal.

Eric, can you please also answer the following two questions:

1) During the long period when x10hosting was doing extensive maintenance work on the hosting servers, it suspended the requirement to login at least monthly. Has that work been completed, and if so, has the monthly login requirement been reinstated? If it has, does logging in to Direct Admin count as activity to prevent our hosting account being suspended for inactivity?

2) In case a need arises again in the future to notify x10hosting of a change of email address for contact purposes, what is the normal mechanism for doing this?

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
1) During the long period when x10hosting was doing extensive maintenance work on the hosting servers, it suspended the requirement to login at least monthly. Has that work been completed, and if so, has the monthly login requirement been reinstated? If it has, does logging in to Direct Admin count as activity to prevent our hosting account being suspended for inactivity?
I'm not Eric, but I can answer. The requirement to login was never suspended, however we did pause the AUTOMATIC suspension off inactive accounts. This will soon be turned on, if it hasn't already, as now users would have had a decent chance to get sorted for the new backend.
2) In case a need arises again in the future to notify x10hosting of a change of email address for contact purposes, what is the normal mechanism for doing this?
With the new backend you will have the ability to change the email from inside the account, so as long as you are able to login you can at any time set a new email address for contact.

I have changed the email address on file for your account, I also removed the txt as you put it in the public_html folder so any one could have reached the information.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I need the password reset manually then PM it to me thx
See PM.

We will for security reasons not just send out a new password without attempting to verify you as the owner.

moongaz2

Reaction score
I'm not Eric, but I can answer.
I have changed the email address on file for your account. I also removed the txt as you put it in the public_html folder so any one could have reached the information
Yes, I was conscious of that, but that's where Eric told us to put it. Anyway, thank you, Anna, for your thoughtfulness in removing it as soon as you had made the necessary change. Thankfully, I finally succeeded in resetting my password to the client area and can now log in there again normally, but could you please clarify the following:

> With the new backend you will have the ability to change the email from inside the account, so as long as you are able to login you can at any time set a new email address for contact.

By "new backend" do you mean the Direct Admin page or are you referring to something else? (It seems there have been several changes.) If you mean the Direct Admin page, I have searched there high and low and cannot find anything that provides a way for us to update our account contact email. Is that because it hasn't been implemented yet? Or, if it has been implemented and I just can't find it, can you please tell us where to look?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm referring to the panel for which you just reset the password.

Click Profile, and you'll see a list of your details, next to the email address there is a pen symbol indicating it is editable. Clicking that opens up an input field to change the email.

studioawesome

Reaction score
Hello, I'm having the same problem.

EDIT: I read the guidelines and made a separate thread. My apologies.

Last edited: