I dont understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimv8673

Reaction score
why is X10 haveing so much trouble with its servers ?? my site comes and goes. right now i get

Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to aquariumhobbyist.x10.mx
Try reloading: aquariumhobbyist.x10.mx

There is no way i would try to build a serious website here on free or paid either one, because a serious website relies on a reliable service to make sure their memberbase stays, and they make money. I do this just for fun so outside of being a non stop aggriavation, i wont lose anything.

If X10 would step up their game, and fix all this nonsense, i would go paid and load my pro software here. But not while this poor service continues on the free hosting servers. Im just afraid that the paid service would be no better.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
I have both a free-hosting account and a paid Premium account at x10hosting for years now

I try every free-hosting host I find - most I drop before the end of the day
a few I keep a account on - but none that I have found - have all the features of x10hosting's free-hosting
most host do not let their users have them - the host knows their servers can be put down by users not knowing what they are doing with a "feature"

IMO no "serious website" would be on a free or paid 'shared hosting' server - any user on that server can put the server down (and other things)
a paid-for 'shared hosting' server is far better then free - but it is still a shared server

No host's free-hosting service is up to the level (support, features, up-time...) of their paid-for service - if it was why would they have paid-for ?

jimv8673

Reaction score
I dont disagree with anything you said, however, i think any web host free or paid should just say out front that if you join this site and spend a lot of time building a nice forum or whatever, chances are you will at some point have issues with our servers etc.
It makes more sense to me to make my free service as good as possible to try to entice members that out grow the free package to simply up grade, instead of being leary because the free on sucked so badly.

mattx

Reaction score
I have both a free-hosting account and a paid Premium account at x10hosting for years now

I try every free-hosting host I find - most I drop before the end of the day
a few I keep a account on - but none that I have found - have all the features of x10hosting's free-hosting
most host do not let their users have them - the host knows their servers can be put down by users not knowing what they are doing with a "feature"

IMO no "serious website" would be on a free or paid 'shared hosting' server - any user on that server can put the server down (and other things)
a paid-for 'shared hosting' server is far better then free - but it is still a shared server

No host's free-hosting service is up to the level (support, features, up-time...) of their paid-for service - if it was why would they have paid-for ?

100% Agreed, Free hosting is just a conspiracy to get people signed up in hopes that the free hosting will make you so frustrated that you will upgrade to their paid. I have never had a good experience with free hosting.

And FYI, I have been to three free hosts today, and not one has worked, can't even get into the control panel here at x10hosting, I guess I'll get paid hosting but not here, at godaddy (just because I never had probs with them).

Edited by Livewire: If you're going to curse, don't post.

Last edited by a moderator:

jimv8673

Reaction score
Quote mattx: 100% Agreed, Free hosting is just a conspiracy to get people signed up in hopes that the free hosting will make you so frustrated that you will upgrade to their paid. I have never had a good experience with free hosting.

Hmmm that makes sense i guess, but what they dont know is i never buy from somewhere that gives me crappy service up front. If i leave it will be TMD Hosting for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

As far as I'm aware, x10's free hosting has very good uptime, especially considering it is free hosting.

You also mentioned that we should should put up a notice saying there may occasionally be server issues, but, considering this hosting is completely free, surely it is common sense that free hosting in general attracts lots of abuse?

Additionally, I really don't think you should consider free hosting as a "free trial" for premium hosting. Free hosting servers get put under much more abuse compared to x10Premium, plus we even offer a 99.9% uptime guarantee on premium for customers' peace of mind.

I agree with @bdistler in saying that if you need to host a site where uptime must be 100%, you shouldn't really be hosting it on free hosting.

As for the issue itself, I am currently not seeing any problems on the link you provided.

@mattx - Perhaps you should ask your question in another topic rather than just complain it isn't working?

Thank you,

jimv8673

Reaction score
Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to aquariumhobbyist.x10.mx
Try reloading: aquariumhobbyist.x10.mx

Just now

Well, It isnt working. What do you want praise for a crappy service ??

jimv8673

Reaction score
You know what, i have no idea how much you get paid to try to shove that rediculous crap up our butts, but i really cant believe that anyone who is obviously quite intelligent can even try to justify the worst free hosting site in existance. My site has been down more than up in the last week, and that makes members leave, or just quit coming, which is absolutely worthless. Anyone who spend another minute here with the intention of trying to run a viable site is an idiot. As for me, im outta here. You Suck. !!

Sakimabear

Reaction score
@jimv8693
1) NO ONE GETS PAID HELPING SUPPORT THE FREE HOSTING. If you are not happy with the service just leave. NO one is paying you to stay here.
2)There is NOTHING in the TOS for the free hosting that guarantees any type of service levels from X10 to you. It only says what the users can not do. You have to expect that when YOU ARE NOT PAYING FOR IT, there may be glitches with the service that you may or may not like. Personally, for what X10 does give us, this is a very decent product that we can use gratis. I am personally thankful that X10 allows be to use their service.
Again, you don't have to get nasty, if you are not satisfied, just cancel and go somewhere else.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Closing thread; thanks for the ragequit.

Status
Not open for further replies.