i have a problem with remote conection, help, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

afavitae

Reaction score
I have a local application that uses the mysql server in x13.x10hosting.com, I use this to connect

DRIVER= {MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver};DATABASE=bd1;" & "SERVER=x13.x10hosting.com;" & "UID=user;" & "PASSWORD=4525;" & "PORT=3306;"

but it returns this error message. MySql ODBC 8.0 Driver, Can`t connect to MySql server on x13.x10hosting.com (10060)

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Connecting to our database servers from outside of our network does not work as the firewall isn't allowing connections on that port from remote locations.

afavitae

Reaction score
But before it worked fine. Will the remote connections work again?

Or how do I have to do to connect?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
It should not have worked before so likely it will not work again.

You would need to code an API to which your local application connects. Our services is for creating websites and those would typically connect through localhost, there are however dedicated mysql hosts out there if that's all you need.

If the connection is related to a site you have on our hosting then perhaps upgrading to premium would be an option as that would allow you to setup and use remote connections to mysql.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
To manage the databases you have for your site, many scripts such as blogs, forums and content management systems rely on a database for the backend.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I see now that there is an option to add hosts, not sure if we can hide the option (as far as I know we couldn't with cpanel so might be the same here), but regardless it should not be working on free hosting accounts.

afavitae

Reaction score
but in mysql manager, you can manage different ip addresses for remote access, that's how I did it with cpanel

Status
Not open for further replies.