I have never had another forum do this...

NMAClub

Reaction score
It wants me to have 3 posts before I can PM, even though I was told by support to send a PM! I know that it's probably an anti-spam measure, but all anti-spam stuff seems to do is annoy the users; I have never seen anything actually stop a determined spambot.

Anyway, this is partially to increment my postcount so that I can send a message, and partially to vent some frustration. (My site isn't resolving in DNS, and it's been that way since yesterday. I'm in the process of migrating from another host, so this is a bit aggravating. Computers are great when they work, but they're a pain when they don't.)

Last edited:

tittat

Reaction score
It wants me to have 3 posts before I can PM, even though I was told by support to send a PM!

No need of minimum post count in order to PM staff.
You can PM staff if you are asked to do so.

i am sorry if i am wrong.

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
Hello there NMAClub,

I know it can seem like we're trying to inconvenience you but there's a reason for this restriction. Recently we had somebody using the private messaging (PM) functionality of the forums, using it as a method to spam users. The posting requirement prevents users from abusing the service. And yeah, it would stop some spam bots because they don't know how to post most of the time =]

And I think tittat is right, but I'm not sure. I'll check for you.

-Luke.

Last edited:

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes, I believe there is a 3 post minimum prior to posting PM's due to previous spamming.

kkenny

Reaction score
I just checked, and I think you need 3 posts in order for the PM function to work at all. If you don't have three posts, you can't use the PM function.