I need help!

groupgz

Reaction score
Hello good afternoon. I'm trying to add a new domain to my account, but I'm getting this error: ''Domain exists on 198.91.80.155''. Could you please help me? I've tried to add in all ways, but this error keeps giving, I need help!

Attachments

• Capturar.PNG
    Capturar.PNG
    10.2 KB · Views: 1

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
That means the domain already exists on our nameservers, meaning it may belong to someone else, or possibly be left behind after a deletion of domain/service.

groupgz

Reaction score
yes, my friend has an account where he wants to put this domain, this error occurred in his account. I had added this domain to my account, but I removed it, deleting the domain from the ''domains'' folder of my account, I don't know if I did the deletion of the domain correctly. Well, now he can't add this domain to his account. Could you have wondered why I didn't properly delete the domain in my account? in advance thank you for the support!

groupgz

Reaction score
Was there any way around this? Because, when I try to add the domain in my account, it doesn't give any error, but in my friend's account, the error occurs.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
The domains folder is not where you add/delete domains though, that would be under "Domain Setup" or "Domain Pointers" depending on what you are after, so if you are only adding it by adding the folder for it all you do is create a folder with the same name as the domain.

With it already on the name servers it would not be possible to add on any server through the domain options in DA.

I have confirmed it is not actually attached to an account on the servers and then removed it from our name servers so your friend should be able to add it now.

Do note though that it should really only be your friend (the account holder) that handles the account and seek support for it. If you manage the account it could be seen as if you have two accounts which is not allowed.

groupgz

Reaction score
I understand...I don't manage his account, I just recommended x10hosting for him...he's youtuber and wants a blog for his channel...he didn't know how to do domain, among other things...so the helped. That's why I asked him the question here on the forum. Thanks for the support!