I need ideas! And Help! www.dollarstoriches.com

dquigley

Reaction score
I Need Suggestions!

Hello, I am currently working on a website that focuses on helping people be successful in online/at home business, or for short, making money online. My site will provide the resources needed such as information, help, and links to things like programs, tutorials, downloads, help sites, advertising, lead generation, SEO help sites, and money making program sites such as neobux for example.

So what do I need from you? The site is still being worked on and adding things to it so I need lots of extra heads looking at my work, adding to it, and giving suggestions.

The Site
http://www.dollarstoriches.com/

Explanation of the referral program
http://www.dollarstoriches.com/system.php

FAQ
http://www.dollarstoriches.com/faq.php

So heres the list of what I need suggestions for.

Logo:

Links/sites (being relevant helps, but if its a great site mentions it):

Services you would like us to provide:

Programs you would like us to provide:

How to make it better:

What dont you like:

Would you reword anything:

Pretty much anything else you can think of that you think would help the site, Thanks for your time and I'm glad I'm part of a great site like x10, I've had nothing but good experiences with the hosting and the community.

Last edited:

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You are selling ideas and information about how to get rich and you post "I need ideas! And Help!" :nuts:

How can you help anyone if you are asking for help yourself?

dquigley

Reaction score
I am asking for suggestions as what people would like to see added to the site, please avoid flaming this thread as well as adding unproductive criticism.

xmakina

Reaction score
A forum.

The biggest problem with sites like your own is most people take one look, think "scam" and leave. If you have a community, proving the system works and how to be good at it, people are much much more likely to stick around.

WarriorH

Reaction score
I can almost gaurantee that this is a scam. To convience me otherwise and for me to join such a site, I want to see a community. I want to see that the owner of this site didn't just place this site up last night and decide to take a bit of money from us and then decide to take it down.

I would also like to see your TOS agreement before I decided to invest in such an idea.

-edit-

I read this in the FAQ

When do I get paid?
Because of the 15 day guarantee we also have to hold commissions for 30 days, however we feel that this is better for everyone and promotes success.

How does this promote success?

Last edited:

dquigley

Reaction score
I can almost gaurantee that this is a scam. To convience me otherwise and for me to join such a site, I want to see a community. I want to see that the owner of this site didn't just place this site up last night and decide to take a bit of money from us and then decide to take it down.

I would also like to see your TOS agreement before I decided to invest in such an idea.

-edit-

I read this in the FAQ

When do I get paid?
Because of the 15 day guarantee we also have to hold commissions for 30 days, however we feel that this is better for everyone and promotes success.

How does this promote success?

A program like this has been made out to be VERY controversial, so we are doing everything possible to differentiate ourselves from pyramid schemes. Because the line between MLM and Pyramid schemes are close together we will always do our best to make sure the customer is satisfied with our website and services. That is why we offer a money back guarantee, we feel that sites that do not do this do not care enough about the customer or have enough faith in their own product and/or services.
Edit:
A forum.

The biggest problem with sites like your own is most people take one look, think "scam" and leave. If you have a community, proving the system works and how to be good at it, people are much much more likely to stick around.

Exactly, the site does have a forum for discussing related topics, as well as a section for technical support, and tutorials and such, this should not only promote a good community, but also help those who are less technically advanced get a good leg up and find help. Aside from the forum there will also be a large portal for sites and links to other companies, and programs that can either help people, such as virus scanners, or free/alternative programs, or programs and sites that offer ways to make money online, the more common ones such as ptc's, or even the unique oddball ways most people don't know about. Obviously I cant start listing sites or all the resources the site provides, as that is part of the membership.

Also there are many features that will be activated once the site is done, for instance, member tracking, payment tracking, hits, most successful sponsors, Testimonials, a news/update section, faq, in depth explanation, and a lot of other neat features we are implementing. A lot of these features should help people who are serious about starting an online business find the facts about our program and that we are not a scam, my point again being, with a money back guarantee, you really cant lose anything, other then time, and the resources you get on the time will help you learn things you didnt know, and that is probably the best way to spend time.

Also I wanna thank everyone for contributing their ideas, and constructive criticism, I would also like to ask if there is anything *specific* you think should either be removed, or added to the site.
The site already has a vast number of resources, and companies available but if you have a site you like or a program you think is useful and you want to share it with me, post it here and if I think it is relevant I will add it to the list. Once again, thanks for the help guys, I really enjoy the x10 community.

Last edited:

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
99% of the people (including me) think that this kind of site is a scam and they close the page without even read it. The only thing you can do to prevent this is to advertise, but advertise big. People would like to here for your site form somebody relevant, somebody they can trust.

For the beginning try adding VeriSign certificate for payments, that could help.

dquigley

Reaction score
99% of the people (including me) think that this kind of site is a scam and they close the page without even read it. The only thing you can do to prevent this is to advertise, but advertise big. People would like to here for your site form somebody relevant, somebody they can trust.

For the beginning try adding VeriSign certificate for payments, that could help.

Currently the site uses an encryption method that prevents any harm doing, and as far as payment, paypal is going to be the payment processor and SSL will not be required for the method being done, as none of the credit card data is handled on our site.

As far as your "scam thoughts", I will be implementing several things to help combat naive thoughts on that subject, such as for example, I will be giving out a free trial membership to certain companies, as well as certain blogs, once tried, we are sure they will be satisfied, and promote the website, thus eliminating some of the doubts.

The most powerful form of advertising, is and always will be referral, we plan to have some very large, trust worthy, and renown companies/people advertising our site, or providing reviews.

Last edited:

dquigley

Reaction score
Good luck.
Thank you, I appreciate it, BTW johnny bravo is a pretty goofy guy, I used to watch him years ago.

Also is there anything else you would like to suggest I do? Maybe more specific? Preferably site related. Such as adding something, rewording something, changing colors etc.

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
First thing I noticed is a slight misalignment in Firefox (i use 3.0.5) at the bottom of navigation menu. You can see some white 1px lines but it could be just me. Here's a screenshot.

Talking about menus I think people are not used to vertical aligned top-right corner menus. If you wanted to put the many in the top-right corner, you should have made it horizontal.

Also I would change the log in box. It's better to be like "
spacer.gif
Site Statistics" and "News" box then to have a shadow effect.

"You have just made an important decision..."

If it's so important why is it so small. Imagine somebody reading it with the 22" monitor. Try increasing the font size and changing the font style. Georgia is really popular in the web design world these days. If you increase the font size consider increasing the page width too.

That flashy "Join Now - Click here" button at the bottom is really unprofessional.

Also is there anything else you would like to suggest I do? Maybe more specific? Preferably site related. Such as adding something, rewording something, changing colors etc.
Be careful what you wish for :lol: .

dquigley

Reaction score
First thing I noticed is a slight misalignment in Firefox (i use 3.0.5) at the bottom of navigation menu. You can see some white 1px lines but it could be just me. Here's a screenshot.

Talking about menus I think people are not used to vertical aligned top-right corner menus. If you wanted to put the many in the top-right corner, you should have made it horizontal.

Also I would change the log in box. It's better to be like "
spacer.gif
Site Statistics" and "News" box then to have a shadow effect.

"You have just made an important decision..."

If it's so important why is it so small. Imagine somebody reading it with the 22" monitor. Try increasing the font size and changing the font style. Georgia is really popular in the web design world these days. If you increase the font size consider increasing the page width too.

That flashy "Join Now - Click here" button at the bottom is really unprofessional.

Be careful what you wish for :lol: .

Actually Im really glad you suggested the part about the flashy button, I will be sure to assess that situation. As far as the glitch with the white pixels in your firefox browser, if you were to close firefox and reopen it that should fix it. It is a uncommon thing that I've seen once or twice before, I am still looking into what is causing it. Also the reason why I made the text a bit smaller was to fit everything onto the page in a nice format, when the text was normal size it looked a little cluttered.

Once again, thanks for the suggestions.