I need ideas

mythman

Reaction score
So my website is http://www.mythologycollector.com

Currently I am fixing the homepage because even when you login my login box is still there. Besides this as far as I know the whole login function works. I am working on making minigames and a shop to buy more creatures. If anyone has any other ideas which I should they are accepted. Thanks

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm not that into mythology but I know thing or two about web design ;) I you are interested in design related reviews I can help otherwise I can only wish you good.

Default table borders are way too ugly for todays standards and attract too much attention, especially if they are on dark background (cos they are while). Try adding custom borders and you'll see it's better. Also you could add different background colors for even and odd rows to make it more readable.

Although login box should be useful it should also be appealing and visually separated form other page elements (especially text content).

Images (thumbnails to be precise) on user profile page are almost chaotic. You should align to if you want people to understand your content. The best way for this is to use tables. Table element is for tables and that exactly what you have here. People tend to use tables for layout and forget what they are for. Table element is for tables and you should use it if you have tabular content.

larryband

Reaction score
check out larryband dot com email him he can set you up with a cool web site

mythman

Reaction score
Ya thanks. I have noticed some of these things myself. I plan to place the info pages into a table for a little more organization. Is there a way to style the form for better looks? because of the way the website is setup the login page has to be attached to the homepage

myx10

Reaction score
Your site is so simple. There are plenty of empty spaces. You can fill them to not make the site look like incompletely.

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You could put it on the left beneath your navigation menu.

By the way there's "Logout" link in your menu even when not logged in and it displays an error "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ']' in /home/mythman/public_html/page3/logout.php on line 66" whe you click on it. Guess you'll have to hide it for visitors that are not logged in.

krofunk

Reaction score
I noticed 2 things
1) the background didn't always fit my viewport (this might be me - although not likely)
2) the log out link should only be visible when users are actually logged in, clicking on it as an unregistered member results in a Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ']' in /home/mythman/public_html/page3/logout.php on line 66

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-&#4.png
    Screen shot 2010-&#4.png
    70.2 KB · Views: 24

mythman

Reaction score
yes i am working on filling the spaces... multiplayer games are coming in the form of minigames. I will work on the logout function.

Also the frame should all fit in your screen. They do in mine at least and iv tested it on two computers. Im going to look into that.

Thanks for the feedback guys

v4xde

Reaction score
take out that login fron the 1st page.
put more info about the site and how it works.
v