Resolved I need my backup, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wooprapp

Reaction score
Hi,
So I've not noticed that the new CPanel was available until today. So, I went through (mobile version) and it kept telling me my domain (friendifie.com) already existed but due to migration issues it wouldn't work and neither would the editing domain options. So, I erased the domain (the .mx one) then added my domain to the settings (it works) but beings I accidentally erased my data I no longer have my `public_html`, please restore that for me. I need all the contents, directories, subdirectories, images, etc. I wasn't able to backup my website before the update to the new CPanel.

I remember the admins saying they have one backup for everyone due to migration circumstances. So, please... At my request. Please, release them to me I need my website back... :(

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
In the past days of x10, this would never happen. I'm surprised the admins even keep the backups from March and haven't deleted them. The backups weren't made for this purpose. So, please make sure you keep good backups because you may never be able to have one again!

Requesting admin assistance.

wooprapp

Reaction score
In the past days of x10, this would never happen. I'm surprised the admins even keep the backups from March and haven't deleted them. The backups weren't made for this purpose. So, please make sure you keep good backups because you may never be able to have one again!

Requesting admin assistance.
Yes, I'm aware. That's why i'm requesting a copy of the backup they have on record due to my issue and some migration issues. In my view, I see them both relevant and in connection. Thanks for the reply!

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes, I'm aware. That's why i'm requesting a copy of the backup they have on record due to my issue and some migration issues. In my view, I see them both relevant and in connection. Thanks for the reply!

Definitely. When people post on the forum, I'm also leaving a reply for future users as well as yourself, so I do a little explaining. I'm worried because these backups were supposedly being deleted in April, and the head admin has not given an update after he extended that deadline. I don't want people to think they can rely on this, because these backups could be gone any day now.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
The backups I can access is a full cPanel package file, not really intended for anything but restoring the actual account into the state it had when the backup was made. I have not yet looked on the backupserver if it is there, and if it is it would be from before the migrations were done.

To proceed with that backup, provided it is still there, I would wipe the current DirectAdmin account and use the backup to redo the restore basically.

Would you be ok with having your entire account restored to the state it had prior to the migrations were being done? There are currently no account specific backups that are more recent (we do have backups that allow us to restore an entire server in case of failure of course but those are not easy to extract an account from, nor do I have access to those).

Status
Not open for further replies.