I need my files, please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnConner

Reaction score
Hi dear staffs, my account (imruirx1) has been suspended with no pre-alert in reason of disallowed countries and sending appeal didn't help. I need my public_html folder files to be able of transferring them to another server. How can I take back my files?

Attachments

• suspend.png
    suspend.png
    6.6 KB · Views: 6

JohnConner

Reaction score
It seems that x10hosting is in a filthy clean up mood to force free users pay for the premium plan, it happened for me and many others these days.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Question: What country do you reside in?

Question: Does the United States have trade restrictions with that country?

Question: If it does, can x10hosting legally sell you web hosting or even give you free hosting?

JohnConner

Reaction score
@ descazo
dude I don't want to do a struggle about what u asked, I just told my feeling freely.
the main question is how can I reach my own files? I did a mistake and trust x10hosting and put whole my project on its servers, now I want them back; I think it's my right. "besides x10hosting should alert me before make such a suspension"

vintage7

Reaction score
It looks like you didn't read the terms of service

8. Suspensions

If an account is suspended for a breach of the Terms outlined above the account holder will immediately forfeit all rights to the account in question including access to any and all files and\or databases located within the account. x10Hosting is under no obligation to provide backups in full or partial to an account holder that has been suspended.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
If you obtained an account while residing in a country within our blacklist, then it is at risk of being suspended as soon as we discover it as it's considered to have violated our signup restrictions. As http://community.x10hosting.com/threads/country-restrictions.166022/ indicates:

Unfortunately if your country is not in High Risk or in the Whitelist we can not provide service to you at this time.

Edit: Mini update as well, to clarify exactly what Descalzo was asking. Based on your IP address, you currently reside within Iran - the United States currently has sanctions against Iran which prevent us from doing business with you. Upon discovering the account, because of those same sanctions, we had no choice but to immediately discontinue providing services to you.

This particular situation is beyond our control as it's not our restriction, it's one set in place by the United States government.

Last edited:

narusimu

Reaction score
What about me, I moved to Belgium after originally creating my account in the USA. I've been able to use the service from within Belgium for these couple of months, and now my account has been suspended. Too bad if you can't give me service anymore, but what I need is my databases and site files. Those are of extreme importance to me. You should have at least given me a day to backup my data before completely shutting me down. As I said, I used to stay in the USA, then I moved to Belgium. My account kept working here so I thought everything was OK. If you're so strict, you should not only restrict registrations from outside the USA, but also restrict access to the cPanel from outside the USA. This way people won't experience what I have.

I need my data as soon as possible so I can set up my website again (with a different webhost). Please respond to this as time is of essence. Being offline for this long is bad for my service.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
@narusimu I'm replying to your post now to prevent cluttering up this particular one.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
It seems that x10hosting is in a filthy clean up mood to force free users pay for the premium plan, it happened for me and many others these days.

We have *never* suspended anyone in an attempt to make them upgrade or extort money from them. I'm not sure how you came to this conclusion but it's completely fabricated. Please explain how we're forcing you to upgrade to a premium plan since it seems to have happened to you and "many others these days".

JohnConner

Reaction score
Ok guys, I took my lesson about x10hosting responsibility manifest. Fortunately premium plan is allowed and I can migrate my files to that plan, then download them all. In case of proof someone asked me I just can tell u: a burnt hand is the best teacher :(
I declare to all that I'm totally unsatisfied with x10hosting.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
We do not allow Iranian users on premium plans either, I'm not sure why you think that. Part of the license agreement with cPanel is that we can not provide service to specific countries including ones on the US sanctions list. Iran is one of these countries. Instead of accepting that we do not service your country you chose to use a proxy to circumvent the restriction and sign-up anyways, once we became aware of this we had to take immediate action and suspend the account.

You should not have used a proxy to knowingly bypass our fraud screening system, I'm not sure what to tell you but your actions caused the situation you're in.

JohnConner

Reaction score
@Corey
you're right pal, I did that because your Persian lecturer of the US ministry of foreign affairs (Mr. Alan Aire) sent an status on Facebook around 3 months ago, and claimed that general technological services sanctions like online services, app stores and many others are removed due to helping Iranians communicating with the world; and I asked my friend to sign me up for x10hosting because I heard a lot about its quality. What we did is not our fault, it's our governments' fault, who like to see people always in war and chaos.
And about registering premium plan to access files: I wasn't born yesterday, I will ask a friend of mine who lives in your country.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, so you knew we didn't allow your country to signup so you had a friend do it for you... I'm not sure what other outcome you expected when you knowingly broke our rules. That aside, the last I heard regarding the technology sanctions was from June, you signed up for this account May 11th, well before this.

JohnConner

Reaction score
I'm not sure what other outcome you expected
Just give back my files and databases, please! You can send them in 25MB parts to my email address.
when you knowingly broke our rules
I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Last edited:

peppermi

Reaction score
Your under a Zero Tolerance Violation and they took action and they won't give your files back. You knew that you couldn't sign up as Corey said so you bypassed it. It's not their fault you should have found a hosting company that allows your country

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Since this is going nowhere useful, I am closing the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.