I need some help to "activate" my website...

Vincenzoo

Reaction score
Hello people!

I'm completely new with websites and I have no idea what the hell I'm doing.
I purchased a domain name from a website for $10 and I needed a hosting company. I found x10Hosting so I decided to purchase 1 month hosting for the cheap price of $4.95... just to try it out and see how everything goes. I paid x10Hosting and I received an email with details and all that kind of stuff. The email said that my website needed to be propagated and it would take 24 - 72 hours. It's been 6 days now and when I log on to my client area on x10Hosting I see that my website is activated and running. However... when I type in my domain name in the browser, which is www.theonlineopportunity.net, I see nothing! I can only see some lady and a bunch of links. And if I want to access my control panel from www.theonlineopportunity.net/cpanel I see the same lady and the same text. Is my website not yet propagated or what?

Maybe I need to activate the website somewhere? Someone please help me because I want my website to be up and running as soon as possible because I want to make money online by working from home. I will sell an eBook on my website which I have written myself. The eBook will teach you how a one time investment of $65 will make you at least $500. I used the method myself and it works but it's quite a risk to try and make more than $500. The eBook will cost $35 and you will need to invest $65 so that's $100 investment in order to make $500 - $1000 in a few weeks, almost 100% guaranteed! Anyway... I'm sorry for talking about my website. I like to advertise. Here's a couple of questions I wan't you to answer. I'm very new to this so help would be appreciated... a lot! I could have sent x10Hosting a support ticket but I feel it's unnecessary because they probably have to deal with a lot of mails and it'll be faster this way.

1: How can I tell if my website is propagated?
2: I'm almost certain that my website is propagated but why isn't my website showing?
3: Most websites which sells eBooks have the same layout such as this one: www.copynprofit.com. As you can see it's a very basic layout. There's a nice looking banner and a nice background color and as you may notice there's some space between the website content and the background. This is really nice and I would like to have a similar template. Where can I get a template like in the link above? No menus, no columns. Just a nice background color and a white "piece" with some text on it.

Help would be a lot appreciated!
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

fake01

Reaction score
Dude, before you go any further SLOW DOWN. I do not consider the site you posted for ebooks a good site. In fact if I saw a site like that I'd quickly exit.

I don't mean to be rude or anything but you need to sit down and learn how things work before jumping into them. You've already wasted $15 jumping into stuff you have no knowledge off. If you keep doing this your gonna end up losing a LOT of money.

Anyways, what is your x10hosting domain address? I don't want the domain name form the hosting company you purchased a domain name from, I want your x10hosting domain. This domain will allow you to view your website.

Before you go spending money on templates, be aware that they are NOT functioning websites, they are simply what they are....templates, a theme of sorts. They give you a theme and layout which you can work with/around and modify.

I think before you get started that you should learn some basics. Go to w3schools and learn how to build your own website the way YOU want it. If your really desperate, then perhaps try something like Joomla and simply set it out the way you like.

Vincenzoo

Reaction score
The eBook I sell is well worth the money. I used the method myself and I could make a bunch of money if I gain enough traffic. I'm aiming for 500 unique visitors each day. Millions of people search for websites which will teach them how to make money online. While my site won't make them rich it will still give them a nice profit.
I don't know if this is the domain you want but I will go ahead and post it anyway: http://69.162.65.250/~theonlin/
I'm not going to spend money on a template, I was looking for a free template. Very basic without menus and and columns. I'm not sure if I would like to learn HTML and all that kind of stuff. Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
To get the domain to work properly with your x10hosting account, you need to do some configuration at the domain registrar, in other words where you bought the domain.

Login to your registrars control panel and set the domain to use these name servers: ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com. Make sure there are NO OTHER entries for name servers.

Once that is done, propagation will need to have its course to reflect the changes you just made.

Vincenzoo

Reaction score
THANK YOU! I knew it had something to do with the name servers.
Hopefully my website will be done before the end of the week. I will use a basic free template and I will create a logo myself in PhotoShop. After I'm done with the template and the content I must work on getting traffic. I will work hard and after a couple of months I should be getting an average of 500 unique visitors each day. This should give me approximately 1 sale every day, perhaps 2 sales if I'm lucky. The eBook will cost $37 so that would give me an average of around $50 every day. Now imagine 10 similar websites! $500 every single day. Impossible? Not at all. Hard? You bet your ass it is. But I'm very ambitious and I'm a workoholic. I can make this work. WISH ME LUCK!