If you don't like it, leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm totally baffled by the lack of respect of some of the people here. We offer a pretty decent FREE service with features and options that most free hosts won't even think about trying to support. We have a support forum with great staff that answer most questions in a timely manner, some much faster then a lot of paid hosts. We try to work with everyone on enabling functions and installing things that are not normally supported. We help you with scripts and installations that we don't even officially support.

Yet the complaining and rudeness still continues.

I am writing this as an only warning to YOU, rude and selfish people. If I see derogatory comments towards this service or my staff I will ban you and terminate your account. I am not putting up with anymore of this. I easily spend 6 hours of my time each day managing all our servers and the forums. This is your ONLY warning, think before you post otherwise it will cost you your account.

What really makes me angry is for some reason you think we owe you something. This really boggles my mind as to why we would owe you anything for giving you something for free. If you honestly think we owe you something then you're better off leaving now. Threatening to leave, or complain about us to people, or anything similar will get you banned. No one cares if you leave, if you are unhappy go. If you want to write a bad review about us, go ahead.

Next time you think about complaining, try imagining managing multiple servers, dealing with constant phishing scams, spamming, abuse, and supporting 8,000 members. Now do this all on your FREE time and not get paid. There is a reason there are not many free hosts out there that offer everything we do, because it's not easy to do.

Again, this is your only warning. I have had enough and will inform my staff of the same. Rude, and negative comments will not be tolerated any longer. If you want to leave, leave.

-Corey

Chris73

Reaction score
Yea what he said!

Well i think you guys are doing a great job by me. I have no major issues and none that would have me spewing off like *cough cough* some people were earlier.

I am no master web designer and don't claim to have all the answers but i like to help people also. But being rude towards those allowing you the right to a free web account and rude to those helping you is uncalled for.

Anyways tell them like it is Corey. :gtfo2: LOL the door is that way second one on the right!

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
And that's that, anyone wanting an easy way to get their account terminated, you know what to do.......:rant2:

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Good Job Corey, I was getting pretty annoyed with the demanding/rude people.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Good job I was getting hit hard as you know with rudeness.

alfren

Reaction score
Hell YEAH! That's for the better... for those people who complain i think they forgot that this service is FREE... well for me x10hosting is NUMBER 1 there's no reason that i will complain about their service...

Thumbs uP ^^ Keep it up DUDE!

DMacK

Reaction score
Yay! I really don't see why anyone here has a reason to complain about a FREE service.. I just can't believe it sometimes. This is a good way to root out any ungrateful people amongst us.

omyome

Reaction score
that What i want to hear ! "If you don't like it, leave" As i understand All The Team Member has been work hard. To keep hosts service right on track. WHO don't like it JUST GO AWAY .

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
Its funny.
As a staff member, I have run across users who sit and argue with me that we should warn them when we plan to suspend them.
If you aren't violating the rules, there isn't a reason to suspend you.

Then I have run across users who demand that I let them access their site and get their files so they can leave. Well, I can't. So they call us a crappy host and staff because we don't allow certain things and suspended them. Just them, mind you. Not the other accounts we've suspended before and after them.

I am glad as well that Corey has made this statement. I have had to bite my virtual lip to keep from telling some clients where they could take their attitude and account.

chefan

Reaction score
I have seen paid hosting with less service and longer response times. (actually i sometimes wonder if corey ever sleeps :D ).
For everyone who thinks ranting could help in matters of uptime, i'd suggest googling for dyndns and xampp. ;)

Regards, Stefan

dyfuse

Reaction score
Too right, Corey. :biggrin: **Pats Corey on the back**

I am overwhelmed by the services, support, and friendliness of this community and its awesome staff members! I struggle soooooooo much to find ANY webhoster out there that comes even close to the features offered here @ x10hosting!!

This issue just shows how LOW people can get these days. All they want is someone else to provide. All they do is DEMAND. And all without doing anything in return.

If you are given something, it is only considerate to give something back in return. In the case of a webhosting community, it may be helping other members, giving a hand with tech-related stuff, or helping out with promotion and sales.
But even if you don't do these things, AT LEAST GIVE CONSIDERATION to the people who have provided to you.

takuhii

Reaction score
think what corey said is BANG ON! What do you guys expect for FREE! I for one am in total AWE of what these guys have achieved, and am proud to be part of it. I RELY on services like this, as I don't really want a domain name of my own, I just want somewhere where I can try out my designs and codes. They give a hell of a lot of freedom to there users, something MOST hosts wouldn't...

Put your brain in gear before you open your mouths!!

Threatening to leave won't help, cos to be honest, the more bandwidth for those of us that actually give a damn about this service, the better!!!

takuhii

Reaction score
Its funny.
As a staff member, I have run across users who sit and argue with me that we should warn them when we plan to suspend them.
If you aren't violating the rules, there isn't a reason to suspend you.

Then I have run across users who demand that I let them access their site and get their files so they can leave. Well, I can't. So they call us a crappy host and staff because we don't allow certain things and suspended them. Just them, mind you. Not the other accounts we've suspended before and after them.

I am glad as well that Corey has made this statement. I have had to bite my virtual lip to keep from telling some clients where they could take their attitude and account.

These guys DO A FANTASTIC JOB!! I am totally in awe of some of the skills these guys have, I wouldn't know where to start, some of the hosts I have used in the past are so far down the skills ladder compared to these guys it is unbelieveable, and these guys were "professionals" (apparently) AND getting paid to do it... (I once used a host that only dealt with online portfolio websites, they refused my application because they didn't host online portfolios!! (I'm a web/graphic designer by trade)).

I suggest these guys either shape up or ship out, cos at the end of the day I couldn't wish for a better host, or support staff.

I do my best to follow all the rules (I've been suspended a few times for forgetting to log into the forums), but we all make mistakes, I've never had a harsh word to say about them though, as this was my fault NOT theirs.

At the end of the day you have to remember, we are living on their land, by hosting your files on their systems you are saying you will abide by their rules, they have every right NOT to allow you back if they feel you are breaching their rules or bad mouthing them. They also have every right NOT to give you your stuff back. You should have made a backup anyway!!

Think of it like this, you PC at work, is the property of the company you work for, NOT YOURS (as most people assume). If you got sacked tomorrow, the company would keep all that data whether it is theirs or not, they would not give it back, becuase by putting your data on to their work PC you are giving them ownership. EVERYTHING I DO at work is the property of the people I work for, REGARDLESS of what the nature of that work is, because I use THEIR PC to do it...

rosgar

Reaction score
Are there lots of rude people here? But this is a Free Hosting! They shouldn't complain. I like this hosting better. Cool Control Panel with Videos!

scorch94

Reaction score
@rosgar
Yes, unfortunately - a lot.

And also, I hate these catchy free hosts. They all promise something, but give you nothing. For example: newsite.es It sucks! They promise 20GB and some enormous bandwith. But is it everything? What about servers? What about their server which need weeks and weeks to transfer 2KB file??

x10 Hosting is BEST free host I ever saw!
Second one is FSPhost.com I wish they only support PHP/MySQL. So that's why you kick the rear, people! Just keep up!

Trixter

Reaction score
This is all the better for the loyal members :) if people don't appreciate the GREAT service you and your team provide then they should leave to make room for the people who do!!

I know how hard it is to run a fully functional web-server and I couldn't believe how good your FREE server is. sure you had some teething issues when you made changes, ie Apatche, sustained server and such but they were minimal and you got them fixed much faster then most free servers get ANY problems fixed. All this is NOT even mentioning that you offer more services then 99% of the free servers out there!!!

Basically I'm saying thanks for the Great service and keep up the good work! :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.