iGames:The Place for free online games

websitedude

Reaction score
Hi I am the creator of www.iGames.org.uk one of the best sites in the uk for online gaming. We are slowly starting to make our own games so go and check the site out now!

We are currently looking for anyone with expierence with game maker to work for us as its the software we use at the moment to develop our games. For more information on the job and to apply pm me.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Personally, I think you should do a couple things before you try and get people to make you games:

Redesign your website with a real logo, and a cohesive design. It looks scrambled, bland, and disorganized.

Use something other than GameMaker! GM is honestly very novice. Most games are either in Flash, Java (in some cases), or are simply coded in JavaScript with HTML5. I know for a fact that you can replicate GM games using JavaScript and HTML5, and it would look 1,000 times better.

Sorry for being harsh or short, just my opinion on the matter.

websitedude

Reaction score
Game maker is very novice but thats why we are using it, its free and easy to get hold of at the moment its just a quick way of producing exclusive content untill we use a proper system.

As for the logo I feel the logo is perfect and you are possibly the only person ever to comment on needing a new one. Have you seen miniclip/agame/freeonlinegames.com they all have logos that look pretty simple and dare i say it rubbish.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
That's exactly my point. Your logo isn't simple. Just text would be perfect. Your logo is actually the smallest thing on your website, which draws away from your content. Especially because I can't even get to content without scrolling...

websitedude

Reaction score
Thanks we are currently working on a top down defence game based in WW2 including an igame shop were you spend you money earnt in game to buy new maps etc!

Gonrah

Reaction score
Your logo is good but I thing that this
iGames%20logo.png

is better than this
igamessmallt.png

Last edited:

gflash76

Reaction score
I agree with the consensus. The logo isn't all that spectacular, if anything at all. An enlarged circular logo with colors that don't blind people into submission or even a simple block logo, as had been stated before, would do wonders for you. The background clashes way too much with the content on the page. The content is fine. It just needs to be better presented within a table or perhaps through Dynamic HTML.

Last edited:

hazar90

Reaction score
Websitedude your new logo that Gonrah desighn for you looks much beter trust me.