Ignorant admins

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Well, i don't think flaming is the way to go about getting yourself unbanned, maybe talk to them about it and appeal the ban, instead of going off your high horse.

noerrorsfound

Reaction score
Well, i don't think flaming is the way to go about getting yourself unbanned, maybe talk to them about it and appeal the ban, instead of going off your high horse.
Re-read the thread. I never "flamed" and I think you got the expression "high horse" mixed up (it's the other way around). I don't know where you got the impression I was on a high horse, though, since I was just annoyed at the way the admin behaved himself. Did you even read the thread I linked to, though? I never mentioned getting unbanned.

This is more of a thread for sharing experiences but I guess I didn't make that clear.

Last edited:

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
"I usually don't even bother complaining about idiotic admins"

Sounds like flaming to me, whether you flame here or there, it's not the way to go about things.

VPmase

Reaction score
Seems like they unbanned you but don't want you to use that name. You pretty much have two options: 1) Use a different name for that server, 2) Join a different server.

woiwky

Reaction score
I think you guys missed the point of this thread. He's not complaining here, his complaint is on their forums. This is more a showcase of their act of stupidity. The act was just so stupid that it deserved to be brought to attention. Like he said in his post on their forums, he doesn't even care that they banned him.

And it seems that that Assassin guy on there is confused. I believe noerrors only made the name niggard after his other account was banned. The ban was for merely *using* the word "niggardly".

Also, I wouldn't consider calling them stupid and idiotic in a forum that they don't even visit to be flaming since he's not trying to ignite an argument. He doesn't even really flame in his post on their forums either other than implying that they aren't intelligent("...plenty of other servers with intelligent admins...").

I think his reaction is very restrained considering how foolish that admin acted. He was warned because the admin didn't know the definition of a word. And when told to look the word up, the admin just got angry and banned him. That's clearly headstrong and irresponsible behavior, and an abuse of power. If a cop gives you a ticket for speeding when your car is parked and you don't think it's appropriate to call him an idiot, then you have anger issues :p

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Actually, in Australia, if you insult a police officer even if they are in the wrong, they have the right to arrest you on the spot. It's best to keep calm. That's all i was saying, there is no need to be calling people stupid and idiotic, especially since they are not going to visit this thread.

noerrorsfound

Reaction score
Thanks, woiwky.

Actually, in Australia, if you insult a police officer even if they are in the wrong, they have the right to arrest you on the spot. It's best to keep calm. That's all i was saying, there is no need to be calling people stupid and idiotic, especially since they are not going to visit this thread.
See, the thing is, it was stupid. What are you worried about, the admin's feelings getting hurt? He doesn't even visit this forum as far as I know. They say they've unbanned me, so obviously it was a dumb mistake.

Last edited:

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
I would get very annoyed if I got a speeding ticket when I was parked :)

Yes, that is very strange. I would just leave that site and find a new one.

woiwky

Reaction score

Well, I didn't mean that it was alright to call the cop an idiot while he was there :p. Notice that noerrors didn't directly insult anyone. Wouldn't you call the cop an idiot as soon as he left as well as to your friends later on? The point is that if an action can logically be considered to be idiotic, then it can be called such.

Also, it is possible to be calm and say something is stupid at the same time. noerrors's post didn't appear to be made in an irate state of mind in my opinion. Like I said, he seems very reserved and composed. I've seen plenty of people go off on a tirade, and with a lot less incentive too. This topic certainly doesn't match that profile.

Think about this, you posted here to tell noerrors that he shouldn't act this way, that it's "not the way to go about things". Isn't that basically the same stuff he said in his topic on their forums? To equate it to your words, the admin's actions were not right and were not the actions of a calm person. So he posted to bring that to attention, which is pretty much the same thing you're doing. The only difference is that in his case he has more reason to since he was outrightly and unreasonably offended.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
You know, this is one of the reasons I have a fast connection to host all of my games. Banning. I practically host the ONLY game servers that do not have an admin bot in or does not ban/kick.

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I do agree with you, the admin decision was very inaccurate, and you know, to some degree, it's good that all he said was the admin was an idiot, better than swearing and that, i was just trying to point out though that calling someone an idiot behind their back may not be the way to go about it, debate with the admin, talk on teamspeak to them, i am just glad you got unbanned though.

Anyway, let us know if you get banned again on their, it would be interesting to see the way the admins work, i play call of duty 4 a fair bit, and i would not have banned you in that situation.

Mitch

Reaction score
I do agree with you, the admin decision was very inaccurate, and you know, to some degree, it's good that all he said was the admin was an idiot, better than swearing and that, i was just trying to point out though that calling someone an idiot behind their back may not be the way to go about it, debate with the admin, talk on teamspeak to them, i am just glad you got unbanned though.

Anyway, let us know if you get banned again on their, it would be interesting to see the way the admins work, i play call of duty 4 a fair bit, and i would not have banned you in that situation.

Hellsheep you posted this twice. It could be because of that they are upgrading the forums. But server with not enough admins/punkbuster admins aren't good. Because people are going to camp (sometimes cheat) if they know that there isn't a admin online.

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Thanks for that, deleted one of my posts.

mcklovin

Reaction score
I don't complain there is a whole world of servers, some admins are like 13 years old and power crazy. XD The question is have you ever been blocked for pwning and admin? lol

noerrorsfound

Reaction score
I don't complain there is a whole world of servers, some admins are like 13 years old and power crazy. XD The question is have you ever been blocked for pwning and admin? lol
I have been banned on Counter-Strike: Source before for supposedly using "no recoil" cheats and an aimbot, neither of which were true. I went to their site to appeal it and they told me they'd done a thorough investigation (in what, the 1 round I'd been there when nobody even went to spectator) and I was definitely cheating.