I'm not sure where to post this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikesla115595

Reaction score
Hi.

This isn't an error of any kind, the server is working flawless (knock on wood). I have quick a question.

I am thinking on adding something to the site but there seems to be one small kick in the groin issue I am running into.

The software will not accept the localhost as the Mysql server hostname. I am very confused, so here is my question. Outside of "localhost" is there another Mysql host name which can be used for my account?

Any suggestions will be appreciated. :)

Cheers, and take care everyone!

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

No, localhost is your only option. What are you trying to install? A screenshot of the error would be helpful. :)

mikesla115595

Reaction score
Hello,

No, localhost is your only option. What are you trying to install? A screenshot of the error would be helpful. :)

Hi stpvoice.

Well, I am thinking on adding a game which people can play if they choose to do so. it's called Warbands: Frost & Flames.

Have you ever heard of this game by any chance? I just come across the ability to add a game other game while looking through Softaclous.

Now in the setup (config(dot).php) all you have to do is put server database host, and a couple of other things, and it should work but everytime I tried accessing the server to run it I get an 500 internal server error.

Cheers, and good to hear from you stpvoice. :)

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm afraid I've not heard of that. Is it actually in Softaculous, as I can't see it?

If it is trying to access MySQL from an external server, that will not work due to security restrictions on free servers.

I probably wouldn't recommend installing any "heavy" games on free, as they are likely to trigger High Resource Usage suspensions.

Thanks. :)

mikesla115595

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm afraid I've not heard of that. Is it actually in Softaculous, as I can't see it?

If it is trying to access MySQL from an external server, that will not work due to security restrictions on free servers.

I probably wouldn't recommend installing any "heavy" games on free, as they are likely to trigger High Resource Usage suspensions.

Thanks. :)

Hi stpvoice.

Man you are a quick one :). No problem about installing on it on this server. I just got the thing to run on another server just for this game. it's not the best server (like anything else can hold a candle to you guys) but it works for what I need which is only for this particular game.

Thanks stpvoice for giving me a hand, I appreciate it. Cheers, and take care sir! :smile:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Mysql misconfiguration should never cause an internal server error, at worst it would throw a database error.

Internal server errors are most commonly due to either wrong file permissions or misconfiguration of the .htaccess. No files that you access directly in the browser can have 777 as perms, that will throw such an error. On what url are you trying to install it?

mikesla115595

Reaction score
Mysql misconfiguration should never cause an internal server error, at worst it would throw a database error.

Internal server errors are most commonly due to either wrong file permissions or misconfiguration of the .htaccess. No files that you access directly in the browser can have 777 as perms, that will throw such an error. On what url are you trying to install it?

Hi.

At the moment I am still trying to install it on another server (my brothers) with the returned results of "500 internal Server error". Now I did try to install this game on this server (subdomain, before I opted out, and put it on another outside server which doesn't use localhost as it's MySql Hostname) and it had given me the exact same "500 internal server error". No idea why though.

To get a better picture of this, just visit www(dot)justallinone(dot)com, and you will get the exact same error I was getting here.

Cheers Anna. :)

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

UPDATE:

Hello Anna.

I hope you don't mind my saying this but you are definitely one of the great brains out there.

I just re-read your message (4 times to be exact), and so I took the chance of deleting the htaccess file (I was scared in doing this because I thought it might shut down my brothers website or something, as you can see I'm not that well versed in these things), and it fixed my problem I was having.

I just want to thank you good people for giving me a hand with this.

Cheers Anna, and take care! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.