I'm registered, but don't have a hosting account?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sometimeslurker

Reaction score
Hi all,

I came to X10Hosting today to set up a free account, and try out the service. As far as I know, I have never signed up at X10Hosting before.

So, I just signed up for a free hosting account, entered my subdomain name, username, password, and email. I received and replied to the email confirmation. I can log in to my account.

When I go to the "Hosting" tab, I get the following message:

Free Web Hosting
You currently do not have a free web hosting account under your x10Hosting client account.

Woah! It appears that you do not have hosting under your client account. This could be the result of a different scenarios:

* An older account was removed as the result of inactivity.
* A past account has been terminated for breaching our Terms of Service.
* You have never had a hosting account.

Whatever the reason, you can always sign up for a hosting account now.

If you believe that this is a mistake you may open a support ticket here.

When I try to sign up, as the message suggests, I get the following message:

We detect that you are accessing our service through a proxy or attempting to register multiple times. We do not allow signups through proxy services or more than once per 24 hours. If you believe this is a mistake, please contact us on our forums.
OK, fair enough. I'm assuming my signup did go through, so I try to open a support ticket, as the original error message suggests, and I get the following:

Create New Support Request
Using the below form you may create a support request to receive help from our staff.

Support is currently closed for the server your hosting account is on (). Please visit our forums and read the news.

So, I have an account, don't have a hosting account, can't sign up for one, and can't open a support ticket.

I'm going around in circles, and don't know what to do now!

Any ideas?

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
What kind of username did you use to log into your account panel to see that message? Try logging into the account panel with different combinations of your forum login and password, email and password, or your cPanel username and password. Let me know if any one of the three gives you new information. Due to this forum account that you logged in to post this question doesn't have any pending hosting attached to it, then we can rule that out.

sometimeslurker

Reaction score
Hi Calistoy,

Thanks for the reply!

I justt tried to log in using the username, email address, and forum username.

When I try to log in with the user name, I get:

Invalid email address or password supplied

When I login using the email address, I do get in, but see this message:

x10Hosting Network News
Starka cPanel» view post or » respond
Seem Starka currently have problems with loading cPanel, we'll update you when we know more.
For now it seem to at least serve pages alright, but from what reports says FTP could also be affected by the problems.
I can also log in using the forum username, but I get the same message about Starka cPanel.

In both cases, when I'm able to log in, I get the same "Woah!..." message when I click on the "Hosting" tab.

Woah! It appears that you do not have hosting under your client account. This could be the result of a different scenarios:

• An older account was removed as the result of inactivity.
  • A past account has been terminated for breaching our Terms of Service.
  • You have never had a hosting account.

Whatever the reason, you can always sign up for a hosting account now.

If you believe that this is a mistake you may open a support ticket here.

So, to summarize, I cannot login with the hosting username, I can login with the forum username and the email address. But even though I can login, the "Hosting" tab displays an error.

Maybe it'd be easier to have this account fully deleted, then start again?

Thanks!

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
What hosting user name did you sign up for?
We might be able to track that one down using that information (if it did in fact get created).

You say you can't sign up for hosting.
What happens if you start the sign-up from within the account panel?

Status
Not open for further replies.