image review: gotta know.

Reaction score
i have to know, is the second image in my signature legible ?

kirtik

Reaction score
It's legible, but not prettyful. The red 'strobes', making it difficult to read.

zen-r

Reaction score
To a large extent, it depends on the viewer's screen size. But the red text would be a struggle to read on the average laptop screen.

Obviously, you don't really need the web address in your sig when one can just click it to go to your site, but it is always a bonus if the address can be displayed.

I'd suggest a redesign ;)

Reaction score
vlcsnap09364mi0.png

vlcsnap093564up1.png

vlcsnap0935641ac0.png

vlcsnap10935641xo2.png

a few ... though if these aren't liked i would like to request that someone make (must have komui from D.Gray-man in it though(or another person from the science division in it))

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I like the first 3, 4th I'm finding a tad difficult to read but still INFINITELY better than the red on black :)

All 4'll work wonders though.

Reaction score
anyone willing to help ? i'll give 100 credits to the one i like... 10 to those who tried. :)

must have komui from D.Gray-man in it though(or another person from the science division in it)

Last edited:

kirtik

Reaction score
I can knock on up tomorrow, if noone has by.... say, 8pm bst.

kkenny

Reaction score
They all look good in my opinion, but then I'm using a funky screen. but nice design :]

alz4445

Reaction score
To a large extent, it depends on the viewer's screen size. But the red text would be a struggle to read on the average laptop screen.

Obviously, you don't really need the web address in your sig when one can just click it to go to your site, but it is always a bonus if the address can be displayed.

I'd suggest a redesign ;)

Well, I'm on a laptop with an 'average' screen size and I can read it just fine.

And do you really need your web address that many times?

Reaction score
Well, I'm on a laptop with an 'average' screen size and I can read it just fine.

And do you really need your web address that many times?
idk, i just thought it may allow the people to remember the URL easier. plus, the font doesn't do well unless in certain sizes. :|

orange123

Reaction score
I like the left hand of the design. While I'm capable of reading the right hand side, the logo certainly doesn't make it easy for me or something I particularly want to do -- Due to the proximity of the lettering from one line to the next, the shadowing overlaps and rather than help the letters stand out, and makes it harder for your eye to pick out one line from another. Since the typeface is pixelated anyway, it's already slightly slower and more difficult for the eye to read.

The design features are hence something the reader has to overcome rather than them helping the reader to read it. I'd recommend spacing the lines more or using a smoother, more easily legible font, perhaps with longer risers and descenders (i.e. the bottom tail on the 'p' and the top parts of letters 'h' 't' and 'd' -- having these quite short also makes it a little slower for me to read).

As the font goes with the theme, you should probably keep the font and just space the lines more and maybe reduce the size of the shadow.

For example, the word Adam is very easy to read, because it's nicely spaced from other elements, the colour of the writing has high contrast with the shadow and/or surroundings, and the shadow is not so wide that it either (a) connects the letters to any other element of the design, or (b) completely fills the loops in the middle of letters 'd' and 'a'.

Hope that was helpful!

EdanadE

Reaction score
the one with the grayish-white text color is okay to me.
it fits well with the overall color motif and it doesn't hurt
the eye.