Images not showing

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainslow202

Reaction score
Hi,

I've recently made a tutorial on my site about Doom. It has some images on it and they would be pretty helpful if somebody was doing what my tut explains, for the first time.

Now, my problem is that the images simply aren't showing up! All the HTML's correct, and it works on my local machine - everything's in the right folder and uploaded via FileZilla. But the images still don't want to come.

An interesting point is that when I open one of the images in a new tab, I get an x10hosting page saying the file doesn't exist - but it's listed in FileZilla. They're also listed in the File Manager from the cPanel.

The address is here: Ice Spark Interactive - Doom Tutorials

Anybody else having this problem?

~phlum

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Have you uploaded the images to same directory as the html file? As I get 404 when I try to go directly to the image

captainslow202

Reaction score
Yes, I've uploaded the images to the right place, with the right names and everything.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
Yes, I've uploaded the images to the right place, with the right names and everything.

Hi captainslow202,

Did you enable Hotlink Protection? It may have been misconfigured so it's not allowing your own websites to display pictures.

- Adam

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
The problem lies with the file extensions. Linux is a CaSe-SeNsItIvE operating system. Therefore, doomdoor1.png and doomdoor1.PNG are not the same files. A simple advice, always use lowercase characters when dealing with anything web-related or that could possibly be sent to a Linux computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.